Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I don’t understand the Lewis penalties 

It’s like VAR.

Technically, Dier handballed it yesterday so the laws as they stand have been correctly applied.

Beyond that, it’s all just opinions.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I don’t understand the Lewis penalties 

F1 has a set of rules. Aside to this each race director for each Grand Prix publishes a set of guidelines/rules specific to that Grand Prix. In there it stated when and where practice starts could be done. That’s what he fell foul of 

Yep. Because of the configuration of the pit lane drivers were told that there was a very specific area where they could practice their starts. Hamilton did his where the drivers were accelerating out of the pits. Suspect that he’ll subsequently vent his fury at Mercedes as they told him where to practice 

• Site Supporter

I caught a bit in the mid race where someone had a 5 seconds penalty for leaving the track and not re- entering through the bollards.  The next person to leave the track at that point went straight through them breaking them up and causing the virtual safety car to be used.  Did he not get a penalty for going THROUGH the bollards instead of through the bollards?  

Edited by MickyD

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I caught a bit in the mid race where someone had a 5 seconds penalty for leaving the track and not re- entering through the bollards.  The next person to leave the track at that point went straight through them breaking them up and causing the virtual safety car to be used.  Did he not get a penalty for going THROUGH the bollards instead of through the bollards?  

From memory , and I may be wrong, he was clipped by another car so didn’t leave the track through his own driving error. I could be talking shit but have a vague recollection of that incident and explanation 

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

From memory , and I may be wrong, he was clipped by another car so didn’t leave the track through his own driving error. I could be talking shit but have a vague recollection of that incident and explanation 

Seems right. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Rudy said:

He did come across as a bitter twat, he’s still gonna win the championship and beat all Schumachers records. Be humble when you lose.

Over the course of his career, he's not been averse to the odd bitter moment.

Maybe that's part of his make up and what makes him the champion he is. Still could do with winding his neck in a little though. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Over the course of his career, he's not been averse to the odd bitter moment.

Maybe that's part of his make up and what makes him the champion he is. Still could do with winding his neck in a little though. 

Most drivers are temperamental especially successful ones 

Didn't know where to put this but here seems as good a place as any. 

Lad obviously ain't too happy with fellow karter, thought it was funny when I saw on BBC clip of him throwing the bumper but is pretty out of order in the pits after. Looks twice the size of the kid and then others steaming in.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, boogs said:

Didn't know where to put this but here seems as good a place as any. 

Lad obviously ain't too happy with fellow karter, thought it was funny when I saw on BBC clip of him throwing the bumper but is pretty out of order in the pits after. Looks twice the size of the kid and then others steaming in.

What a fucking shithouse