Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When A Window Blind Start's Playing Up.

leigh white

I can not only (usually) use a blind correctly, I can also re-string one and,  just the other week after breaking the spine thing of the bathroom blind yanking too strongly (in a 'joys of spring way' ) I fixed it using GRIPFILL and  pencil as a splint. Can't even tell the join

How do you like those apples, blind illiterate motherfuckers?

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, leigh white said:

Just a vertical one going out of sync with the rest of his brothers, the thingy on the rack wont turn like the rest of them.

One of mine went on strike too recently- wouldn't turn. Could have something to do with the missus taking it down prior to painting.

Anyway, I pulled the mechanism apart, the turny bit out of the non turny bit (should the word 'spigot' be used). Reassembled and it worked. Might be some crud in there.

I use Asperation Blinds (probably because my nephew owns them).  Hes just been to Milan last week for a exhibition, he goes every year.  The thing is, hes light years ahead of other companies because of this, his reputation is more important than money and he will do anything to make sure he has more variety, colours, products and customer satisfaction than anyone, hence the scale of his business growth. 

Anyhow thats it for the Ad, but hes there if anyone needs him :)

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, leigh white said:

Just a vertical one going out of sync with the rest of his brothers, the thingy on the rack wont turn like the rest of them.

Turn the lovures so as many as poss go one way and the chain stopsthen give the chain a bloody good hard tug. The louvres should all line up. You won't pull the blind down.

8 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I use Asperation Blinds (probably because my nephew owns them).  Hes just been to Milan last week for a exhibition, he goes every year.  The thing is, hes light years ahead of other companies because of this, his reputation is more important than money and he will do anything to make sure he has more variety, colours, products and customer satisfaction than anyone, hence the scale of his business growth. 

Anyhow thats it for the Ad, but hes there if anyone needs him :)

And Aspiration Blinds are willing to travel around the region!! Did our shutter blinds on a window with an arch. First time apparently, but took it onboard and finished up with a great job. They are back this Friday to fit a Velux blind for us. And have done our neighbours blinds and in-laws also. Highly recommend.

PS. Roman blind playing up in one of our bedrooms. Did my box in until I asked the guy quoting from Aspiration if it was easy to sort. He gave me a quick rundown of what needed doing and I managed to sort myself. Definitely gained some manly points for myself there.