Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers supporters invited to Chorley for Saturday's big game!

Charlie Magpie

With European football taking precedence over league football this weekend, Chorley FC extend a warm welcome to Victory Park for their league game against Leamington on Saturday. Top-of-the-table, Chorley will be looking to extend their lead over Stockport County as the end of the season draws ever-closer. For once, the weather forecast is for a dry Saturday, so why not come along and re-live the days of standing on the terraces, a few pre-match pints of real ale in the social club and swapping ends at half-time!

As a gesture for Bolton Wanderers season ticket holders, we have reduced the price of adult admission from £12 to £10, and concessions ( over 60s) from £9 to £7. Please show your current season ticket at the turnstile in order to take advantage of this offer. Admission for High School pupils remains at £5, students with ID £7, and for Primary school children accompanied by an adult, admission is FREE!

I know that Chorley FC and the pubs of Chorley will welcome your support!!

Funny enough my footy loving daughter asked me last week who i would support if BWFC got liquidated “ Dad would it be City? Liverpool? Everton? Bury? Wigan?”  I told her it would probably be Chorley (much to her disappointment!)I intend taking her to a match at Victory Park soon to show her what it’s all about.Football how it used to be before all the mega bucks ruined it appeals to me.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
30 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Funny enough my footy loving daughter asked me last week who i would support if BWFC got liquidated “ Dad would it be City? Liverpool? Everton? Bury? Wigan?”  I told her it would probably be Chorley (much to her disappointment!)I intend taking her to a match at Victory Park soon to show her what it’s all about.Football how it used to be before all the mega bucks ruined it appeals to me.

Me too mate. If I were there I would be doing the same if our beloved BWFC disappeared.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Me too.

Can't help but have plenty of sympathy for them & their fans.

Nah,

I remember one smarmy little twat giving it the biggun when they beat us 4-3... on blackpool prom

gloated, mentioned carlo nash and fucked off

But I suppose he could be the exception to the rule...

8 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Nah,

I remember one smarmy little twat giving it the biggun when they beat us 4-3... on blackpool prom

gloated, mentioned carlo nash and fucked off

But I suppose he could be the exception to the rule...

Remember talking to a couple of their fans when we were coming back from Scunthorpe. Although we lost that day, we were well on course for promotion out of League One. They were on their way back from playing away to Gainsborough Trinity. Hard not to feel sorry for them (and admire them for sticking with it). 

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Remember talking to a couple of their fans when we were coming back from Scunthorpe. Although we lost that day, we were well on course for promotion out of League One. They were on their way back from playing away to Gainsborough Trinity. Hard not to feel sorry for them (and admire them for sticking with it). 

it's not so much sympathy for me, it just happens to be the nearest ground to my house - but fair play to them, got 6.5k on the other week

it's a 3 horse race and Stockport go to Chorley 3rd game from last, then Chorley go to Spennymoor (the 3rd horse) in the penultiamte game - it's been an interesting title race

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Might've been the group we came across the same day

3 generations of one family

• Site Supporter

Proper footbally easter - Villa Friday, Chorley/Stockport Saturday,  Rovers Monday. I go on Chorley a lot and I see loads of colours from other clubs, PNE, Rovers etc but Wanderers are most visible. Hopefully they’ll both go up but the play offs are a lottery with 6 teams involved. Stockport are full time and should be in league 2 with their crowds but it’s a great effort from the Chorley lads who all have other full time jobs and commitments. I’m going to QPR, Rovers, home games etc but the Chorley/Stockport game is the one that I’m looking forward to most from a pure game angle.

• Moderators

Colls v Radcliffe next week and Trafford on Easter Monday are the biggest games in the club’s history. Win them and we’re one league below Stockport County. In context, when they were in the league, we were in the Bolton Combination.

11 hours ago, Carlos said:

Colls v Radcliffe next week and Trafford on Easter Monday are the biggest games in the club’s history. Win them and we’re one league below Stockport County. In context, when they were in the league, we were in the Bolton Combination.

TB will be looking forward to Trafford as he loved it there. Edit Just checked were at Blackburn what time Trafford game? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Speaking to someone involved with Chorley last night 

Expecting 2-3k Stockport fans Easter weekend, they only got 1,300 tickets which all went in a day 

Home end should sell out as well, be 5-6k on, crazy really 

Police bill isn’t doing Chorley any favours 

I was listening to Talk Sport on Thursday and they had someone on from the Police, apparently football costs them nearly £50m a year but they only get a fraction back from clubs. He was going on about all the money in the game and it should pay it’s way etc 

No mention of how much tax football pays in the shape of PAYE, VAT on tickets, council tax etc! Wanderers must generate £5m in tax alone, I bet Paul Pogba generates double. The government make enough out of football, they should stand it! 

Not sure the Chorley ground holds much more than 4K single they closed the grass banking, no chance of a 6000 gate unfortunately. Sure there’ll be a few more sold than is officially declared for tax purposes.

Pretty sure Stockport haven’t released their tickets yet either, no doubt they’ll sell them sharpish though. 

Have already told my wife to right off Easter, looking forward to it all to be honest.

33 minutes ago, QFPants said:

Not sure the Chorley ground holds much more than 4K single they closed the grass banking, no chance of a 6000 gate unfortunately. Sure there’ll be a few more sold than is officially declared for tax purposes.

Pretty sure Stockport haven’t released their tickets yet either, no doubt they’ll sell them sharpish though. 

Have already told my wife to right off Easter, looking forward to it all to be honest.

Is it only 4k, surprising that 

still, should easily be a lock out 

I went to the play off final away at Halifax a couple of years back, great crowd for that level, sure that was 8k 

3 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

Is it only 4k, surprising that 

still, should easily be a lock out 

I went to the play off final away at Halifax a couple of years back, great crowd for that level, sure that was 8k 

Think it’s about 4.5k, used to be more when they let fans stand on the grass banking.

i went to that Halifax game too, think it was a record attendance for that level. Stockport had 6.5k on the other day and think there was only about 150 away fans in that, for Chorley to compete with teams like hat is brilliant

• Moderators

Dunno what they call the little bar area under the stand where the toffs go, but that's where I am on the very rare occasions I can be arsed

Anyway, Blakeman, like Kellet, wouldve been very capable of getting a regular place in recent teams

In fact, Blakeman would be taking all our set pieces