Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cricket World Cup 2019

Smiley

• Site Supporter

The commentators all said it looked a batting wicket, so maybe the start was a bonus.

Rashid is looking innocuous, unfortunately.

It's just been mentioned that maybe England should have a couple more catchers close in- it did seem that once the first power play finished they were quick to drop deeper. 

Just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

This is brilliant. Gutted I'm working tomorrow or I'd be in the pub watching this and getting smashed.

Hopefully over today

Bairstow and Roy to not hold back

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It's a good watch this, I went to the first game on a freebie ticket from work, and I've got tickets for the final as well if I want them.....I was going to not bother going, but I just might now

You cant pass up an opportunity like that.

Get there.

And what a truly wank decision to give Roy out. The umpire let himself be bullied into giving it.

On 04/07/2019 at 09:25, bwfcfan5 said:

I'd rather play Australia in the semi final at Edgbaston and India in the final at Lords.

One way or another we need to win against both to win it. India at Edgbaston have the crowd again and also they know we've beaten them already. They won't bat as cautiously for the first 10 overs again and that could be the difference because we didn't look like skittling their middle order out at Edgbaston. 

Australia have an amazing record at Lords against us - no thanks. And have already beaten us there this world cup. And it wasn't just a defeat it was an absolute pounding.

Get Australia up to a cauldron of noise at Edgbaston and a proper hostile crowd and a wicket where we may well have the edge on them - we've batted well there and nullified the Indian attack. If we play the same way and just see off Starc like we did Bumrah and then attack - we have a chance. 

Then India at Lords where hopefully the crowd will be less partisan and the wicket more even for both sides. 

Just bigging myself up. Knew Aussies at Edgbaston was the route....

Didn’t imagine NZ winning though. Funnily enough think they might be tougher potentially at Lords than India might have been....