Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Ipswich

Biggish Dave

• Moderators

If he had come out and even mentioned pay, it would have helped.

He still wants the full time staff to turn up and flog tickets for him, but he doesn't wanna mention pay*

*Unless they have been told sommat we haven't?

• Site Supporter

See

I get from that note that the staff have been paid but the players haven't.

He's been purposefully ambiguous with that update.

It's like this:

If everyone (staff and players) has been paid, they should turn up and give everything on Saturday

If he's asking them to play for free out of loyalty to the fans then he's gone total King Lear.

They owe the club 100% effort but only if the club keeps it's part of the contract and coughs up.

What a shambles. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

See

I get from that note that the staff have been paid but the players haven't.

He's been purposefully ambiguous with that update.

It's like this:

If everyone (staff and players) has been paid, they should turn up and give everything on Saturday

If he's asking them to play for free out of loyalty to the fans then he's gone total King Lear.

They owe the club 100% effort but only if the club keeps it's part of the contract and coughs up.

What a shambles. 

If the players owe 100% when they're being paid I reckon they have an outstanding debt of around 80% this season.

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

If the players owe 100% when they're being paid I reckon they have an outstanding debt of around 80% this season.

There is that

Maybe Ken has them on a performance related payment scheme.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Emergency SAG  meeting at 5pm regarding Saturdays match

That's good news I guess. They wouldn't hold the meeting if there was no change in the circumstances.

Cunty Ken knocks me sick, after the worst season in living memory we somehow are within striking distance of survival. On the back of the win at QPR, this home game was our last chance to stay up imo..

get the game on, get everyone paid let’s beat the bastards and pull off another miracle. 

Come on the whites

37 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

Cunty Ken knocks me sick, after the worst season in living memory we somehow are within striking distance of survival. On the back of the win at QPR, this home game was our last chance to stay up imo..

get the game on, get everyone paid let’s beat the bastards and pull off another miracle. 

Come on the whites

Where you getting the money from to pay everyone?

4 minutes ago, guernica said:

Those German fans in that friendly turned up in their thousands and the club had to let them in under police advice.

I'm turning up regardless 

That's a very good point.  Would the police want 3 or 4000 milling around outside? Presuming that many turned up of course.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, medwaywhite said:

Was told today that the match will not be played behind closed doors it will be played at a later date if we don't get clearance for Saturday 

Will become a night game which will piss off a few thousand Tractor Boys.

I reckon it'll be on.

Players will tip up tomorrow, club will give reassurances about the takeover, wages etc. Parkinson will give a rousing career-defining Churchillian backs to the wall speech, and they'll get a couple of good days training in.

We'll get battered. 0-3.