Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Players you had an irrational hatred for

Boothy

On 09/04/2019 at 07:55, Boothy said:

Ignoring the squad at the minute :roll:

I really couldn't stand Hendrik Pedersen. May be it was that peakcock celebration, or the lack of goals. Either way, he's a Saint now compared to the likes of Clayton Donaldson.

Henrik the goal machine was a massively underrated player. He also seemed a totally decent bloke. 

Shows how far we have dropped when people remember hating a player because of his celebration when scoring the winner against Arsenal or Chelsea. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Dennis Bergkamp  too nice, unaggressive and Dutch

more rationally - Man U wouldn't have won the treble if he hadnt missed a penalty in extra time in the semi final

If you think Bergkamp was nice & unaggressive you really weren't paying attention. 

On 12/04/2019 at 11:45, deane koontz said:

There was a commentator that used to be on Tower, i think, who used to wank himself daft over Anthony Barness everything was "the immaculate Anthony Barness". 

He never bothered me as a player until i heard that commentator.

If Barness had allowed the ball to just run out of play instead of heading it out for a fucking corner, we'd have beaten Man Ure. Fact!

On 11/04/2019 at 07:14, Kane57 said:

Wheater. I get he tries hard and he's clearly a nice bloke but I just don't like him

Really? He’s probably the only member of the current squad I actually like. Nice bloke and always works his arse off despite being past his best. Genuinely cares about the club from what I can see.

Now Buckley, Donaldson etc they can fuck off

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, MickyD said:

Jan Aga Fjortoff or whatever he was called. Don't know why, he's just a cunt.

9 hours ago, tomski said:

I’d of loved him at Bolton. Great player. 

Where he played (geographically, not tactically) didn't come into my thought process; not that there's much thought process for irrational dislike of someone but even El Haj Diouff is a case in point of rational dislike of a player except as a Bolton player. I've no doubt if Fjortoff had played at Bolton my irrational dislike would soon have changed to football-fan-boy adulation.