Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
miamiwhite

First game you saw in Division 3

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Thanks for posting Paul.

No worries. Will try to keep on posting these regularly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

No worries. Will try to keep on posting these regularly 

Paul , on the 85/86 video is the Forest away Milk cup match featured ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other names in that Crewe team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Casino said:

Any other names in that Crewe team?

Must be Rodney jack somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking Rob Jones, Maybe?

Too soon for savage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Casino said:

Any other names in that Crewe team?

1) Brian Larkin

2) Wayne Goodison

3) John Pemberton

4) Terry Milligan

5) Peter Billing

6) Wakeley Gage

7) David Platt

8)Peter Bodak

9) Chris Cutler

10) Steve Wright

11) Robbie Wakenshaw

12) John Tyler

14) Aidan Murphy

Edited by dusan nikolic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing

Couple of pie eaters and a bucket shaker

Other than that, Peter bodak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Casino said:

Disappointing

Couple of pie eaters and a bucket shaker

Other than that, Peter bodak

I'm not sure if Steve Wright later became the Suffolk Strangler or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dusan nikolic said:

I'm not sure if Steve Wright later became the Suffolk Strangler or not.

Bollocks.

 

He’s on Radio 2 these days :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Paul , on the 85/86 video is the Forest away Milk cup match featured ?

Sadly not. The first game of the season was filmed a one off for the 90th anniversary of Burnden - that's the Rotherham game I posted the other day. Then there's nothing until New Year's Day which is a 1-2 home defeat to Wigan. I'm not putting that up! From then on most of the games from the second half of 85/6 were filmed, latterly with Dave Higson commentating. It wasn't Roadrunner then though, it was another firm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Sadly not. The first game of the season was filmed a one off for the 90th anniversary of Burnden - that's the Rotherham game I posted the other day. Then there's nothing until New Year's Day which is a 1-2 home defeat to Wigan. I'm not putting that up! From then on most of the games from the second half of 85/6 were filmed, latterly with Dave Higson commentating. It wasn't Roadrunner then though, it was another firm. 

Thanks for the reply , that's a shame regarding the Forest match. At least we are lucky some people had the foresight to record these games .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1972-73 season

First game of the season, home to Bournemouth 3-0 to the Super Whites. I remember the manny road north giving John Aston plenty of stick as an ex-man u player. My first experience of the hatred of them.

That season we went on to win the league and it was the start of a turn around in fortune for the club.

All Lancashire clubs won all the leagues that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Happy Wanderer said:

1972-73 season

First game of the season, home to Bournemouth 3-0 to the Super Whites. I remember the manny road north giving John Aston plenty of stick as an ex-man u player. My first experience of the hatred of them.

That season we went on to win the league and it was the start of a turn around in fortune for the club.

All Lancashire clubs won all the leagues that year.

Think we played Burnley in Warwick Rimmers testimonial - had they won the 4th Division?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/04/2019 at 20:48, dusan nikolic said:

Paul , do you have Mansfield away 1986/87 , a 2-2 draw.

There you go, Mansfield 2 Bolton 2 in 1986/7. Looked like a good game. It was in the only decent run we had that season. Neil Whatmore and Mike Graham played for Mansfield. Warren Joyce's header for our second was a cracker. Healthy away following going mental on the away terrace.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Wanderer said:

All Lancashire clubs won all the leagues that year.

Only happened twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

There you go, Mansfield 2 Bolton 2 in 1986/7. Looked like a good game. It was in the only decent run we had that season. Neil Whatmore and Mike Graham played for Mansfield. Warren Joyce's header for our second was a cracker. Healthy away following going mental on the away terrace.

 

Thanks Paul , that's made my night .Me and my Late dad are in there to the left of the away end.it was a very good following and I'm sure they equalised in the last minute.again thanks a lot mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

Thanks Paul , that's made my night .Me and my Late dad are in there to the left of the away end.it was a very good following and I'm sure they equalised in the last minute.again thanks a lot mate.

It was the last minute and they nearly won in injury time. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to keep posting. Having these games gathering dust at home is no good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

It was the last minute and they nearly won in injury time. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm going to keep posting. Having these games gathering dust at home is no good. 

There brilliant , I never thought I'd see footage of that game , 1 more request though then I'll stop pestering you. Have you got the Carlisle home game from the same season , we won 2-0 and my dad and uncle took me but near the end with us winning 1-0 they wanted to leave early to avoid the traffic , and I never saw Ian Stevens goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dusan nikolic said:

There brilliant , I never thought I'd see footage of that game , 1 more request though then I'll stop pestering you. Have you got the Carlisle home game from the same season , we won 2-0 and my dad and uncle took me but near the end with us winning 1-0 they wanted to leave early to avoid the traffic , and I never saw Ian Stevens goal.

Yeah got that one. I'll post it at some stage. Phil Neal scores a long range goal in that game. Our last win before relegation to Div 4. Quite a lot of bother that day too if I recall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulhanley said:

Yeah got that one. I'll post it at some stage. Phil Neal scores a long range goal in that game. Our last win before relegation to Div 4. Quite a lot of bother that day too if I recall. 

They seem mundane fixtures , but with me living in Notts I only got to home games when visiting relations.I'm sure we played Bury away soon after , a 0-0 draw at gigg lane , we went to that too and I wouldn't let them leave early in case we missed a goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dusan nikolic said:

They seem mundane fixtures , but with me living in Notts I only got to home games when visiting relations.I'm sure we played Bury away soon after , a 0-0 draw at gigg lane , we went to that too and I wouldn't let them leave early in case we missed a goal.

That was when we couldn't do a thing against Bury. Getting a draw was a surprise. Got the game.... I'll have to think how to edit a 0-0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

That was when we couldn't do a thing against Bury. Getting a draw was a surprise. Got the game.... I'll have to think how to edit a 0-0

I think even I found that game hard work , and I was like a coiled spring for days before watching Bolton when I was young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I think even I found that game hard work , and I was like a coiled spring for days before watching Bolton when I was young.

Derby games generally got me like that and they're the closest I get even now. We may well still have a club next season. Bring on Blackpool and maybe Bury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, paulhanley said:

Derby games generally got me like that and they're the closest I get even now. We may well still have a club next season. Bring on Blackpool and maybe Bury. 

Definitely, I think we may be ok.I may well be able to visit Mansfield again if they go up , even though away fans are now at the opposite end of the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.