Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-1 Brentford

Happy Wanderer

EFl have just said - ( not a lot really !! ) 

Discussions have continued with Bolton Wanderers, Brentford and other relevant parties throughout the course of the past 48 hours in regards to the rescheduling of last weekend’s Sky Bet Championship fixture.

There has been suggestions in the public domain that that the game could potentially take place on Wednesday 1 May 2019. 

However, Bolton Wanderers has not yet confirmed this will be the case and the EFL will advise via the appropriate channels as soon as a definitive decision is reached.  

EFL Regulations do provide for any match to be played within four days of the end the normal playing season. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, darrener said:

I'd be surprised if this game attracted any more than a reserve fixture. Pointless 

I disagree. I would hope that if PP decides to play all youth players, it will gain a lot of support where folk are sticking two fingers up and saying to the senior players, "You never were bigger than our club."

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I disagree. I would hope that if PP decides to play all youth players, it will gain a lot of support where folk are sticking two fingers up and saying to the senior players, "You never were bigger than our club."

I agree with the sentiment but I don’t share your faith in our fan base. 

The only way I’ll be at this game, whenever it is, is if we have to stick the youth team out.

If it’s the usual set of shite then there’s no chance. I’d rather watch the youth team get beat by 7 or 8 than watch the current 1st team fail to give a shit. I’ve seen enough of that this season already.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I don't think the match will take place or it will be behind closed doors.Bassini won't become owner and Ken won't pay the money needed to get a certificate to stage the match in front of paying customers 

You may well be right with that.

In which case, it seems a bit pointless- just give it to Brentford.

40 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I don't think the match will take place or it will be behind closed doors.Bassini won't become owner and Ken won't pay the money needed to get a certificate to stage the match in front of paying customers 

I was wondering what sort of requirements the game would have- surely it could be played at Lostock if needed?

1 minute ago, LeggyMountbatten said:

I think the EFL will threaten to kick us out of the league if we don't play these last two matches.  The threat of being kicked out the league will see us manage to get a team of some sort out.  

Would that affect KA? No. The threat of a lengthy ban from football for him might or might not.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Not like there's nowt else happening a week on Wednesday.

Only of interest if you are an Ajax supporter. Reinforcing their first leg advantage and brushing Spurs aside in glorious style.

Play-offs start the night after.