Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do You Support the Players Strike? Yes/No

Ruba Mustafa

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MalcolmW said:

Why would the strike provoke leniency?

Failure to complete fixtures in any league in any sport usually leads to expulsion. No excuses.

This is unusual though, as far as I know, and they may feel partly responsible, maybe

Dunno really, just putting ideas out there as to how this might pan out

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

This is unusual though, as far as I know, and they may feel partly responsible, maybe

Dunno really, just putting ideas out there as to how this might pan out

It's particularly unusual just 2 games from completion. It does impact on deciding 6th place, and also possibly on 3rd/4th, if our results are expunged, which will get worse if we fail to play the final home match. The play-off first legs are on Saturday 11th May, so the EFL are probably praying that Derby seal 6th place, but even if they win tomorrow WBA and Middlesbrough could change things on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Now that they have been helped out by the pfa is there any chance of our principled heroes chucking a few crumbs to the non playing staff? 

Any player on £3k per week whose next contract is for a smaller amount will make a tax gain by the late payment for March, as they will fall short of the 45% tax band in both tax years.

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Now that they have been helped out by the pfa is there any chance of our principled heroes chucking a few crumbs to the non playing staff? 

Surely their action should continue, they haven’t achieved their purpose have they?

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Ani said:

Wheater apparently hosted an event today for the kids that would have been mascots for the Brentford game. 

Wanderersways poster, and one of the Rochdale Whites lads I go to the games with posted earlier on his Facebook page.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Reece McKendrey, people smiling, people sitting

18 hours ago, MickyD said:

Wanderersways poster, and one of the Rochdale Whites lads I go to the games with posted earlier on his Facebook page.
Image may contain: 2 people, including Reece McKendrey, people smiling, people sitting

It could be the 1664 talking, but this has endeared him to more... he’s standing with his comrades, yet not forgetting the fundamentals that afforded his privileged position.

Not sure if that’s the lads own shirt, but I understand club shop got a old stock out at the weekend... wouldn’t be surprised if he sorted it.

I’ve been derided for championing Wheater before, but whatever scorched skeleton pulls itself from the embers of this car crash, it will be a long time before we someone like him again

I don't want the cnut anywhere near the club next season, he'll have been one of the ring leaders behind the strike.

He's all talk, like the rest of the 'shithouse' players - they don't & didn't give a toss about the impact of the strike action on the fans & club next season.

26 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

It could be the 1664 talking, but this has endeared him to more... he’s standing with his comrades, yet not forgetting the fundamentals that afforded his privileged position.

Not sure if that’s the lads own shirt, but I understand club shop got a old stock out at the weekend... wouldn’t be surprised if he sorted it.

I’ve been derided for championing Wheater before, but whatever scorched skeleton pulls itself from the embers of this car crash, it will be a long time before we someone like him again

I agree, when the chips were down , he always came up trumps

shame on all you who are now classing him in the same category as the shambles who are not pulling on the shirt

Wheats has been a stalwart for this club and I for one will always appreciate his efforts for our club

The whole lot of 'em can get to fuck. And how much money has David Wheater had out of the club over the years? Not playing the final game because some of the opposition's players might want to go on holiday. Fuck off Dave. More likely you don't want to show your face in front of the supporters you turned your backs on.

This would you to work if you weren’t getting paid crap really does my head in.

If 10,000 people turned up to my work week in week out and pay money to watch me work and cheer me on because they want me to do well, support me and achieve more regardless of who pays my wages, I’d gadly take the chance to visit them and do my job for 2 hours to at least say thank you for sticking with me even though I’ve been shite at my job and it’s all ended a bit crap with the people that pay me.

Their beef is with the club not us working class suckers that have pumped all our hard earned money in to supporting the fuckers.

They are privileged individuals that haven’t been for a month or so. 

Theres companies owe me fucking fortunes but I still carry on because I know one day I’ll get paid and can’t let the people who live the properties down. 

These lads need to get a grip and remember who it is they are turning their back on. 

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

This would you to work if you weren’t getting paid crap really does my head in.

If 10,000 people turned up to my work week in week out and pay money to watch me work and cheer me on because they want me to do well, support me and achieve more regardless of who pays my wages, I’d gadly take the chance to visit them and do my job for 2 hours to at least say thank you for sticking with me even though I’ve been shite at my job and it’s all ended a bit crap with the people that pay me.

Their beef is with the club not us working class suckers that have pumped all our hard earned money in to supporting the fuckers.

They are privileged individuals that haven’t been for a month or so. 

Theres companies owe me fucking fortunes but I still carry on because I know one day I’ll get paid and can’t let the people who live the properties down. 

These lads need to get a grip and remember who it is they are turning their back on. 

The fact that so many people aren't getting this is what's baffling me.

I wouldn't work if I wasn't paid for 2 months.

I also wouldn't be paid if I was so bad at my job I was told not to turn up.

My employer would not pay me to go and work for someone else.

If I was as bad at my job as some of our players, i would expect to be unemployed.

You cannot simply compare footballers employment terms to the rest of us.

That’s me and my lad. Wheater and Tony kelly was amazing yesterday. Changed my opinion totally on the strike action. There’s a lot gone on that hasn’t come out and wheater pulled no punches and answered any question thrown at him. 

The players have had enough. He admitted there’s a few players that don’t give a shit, named them also. He did say the core of the team are a fantastic set of lads and if they’d been given a better chance he felt we’d be in a better position, said he was certain we would have stayed up had the club been run correctly.

theres also a hole in the changing room wall Marc Wilson punched through.

wheater and none of the players want Bassini in. Bassinis told wheater he wants to be sat on the bench with the manager, he said he’s full of shit.

my lad brought the shirt with him.

make of it what you will.

Can you name these players 

3 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

That’s me and my lad. Wheater and Tony kelly was amazing yesterday. Changed my opinion totally on the strike action. There’s a lot gone on that hasn’t come out and wheater pulled no punches and answered any question thrown at him. 

The players have had enough. He admitted there’s a few players that don’t give a shit, named them also. He did say the core of the team are a fantastic set of lads and if they’d been given a better chance he felt we’d be in a better position, said he was certain we would have stayed up had the club been run correctly.

theres also a hole in the changing room wall Marc Wilson punched through.

wheater and none of the players want Bassini in. Bassinis told wheater he wants to be sat on the bench with the manager, he said he’s full of shit.

my lad brought the shirt with him.

make of it what you will.