Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do You Support the Players Strike? Yes/No

Ruba Mustafa

19 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

That’s me and my lad. Wheater and Tony kelly was amazing yesterday. Changed my opinion totally on the strike action. There’s a lot gone on that hasn’t come out and wheater pulled no punches and answered any question thrown at him. 

The players have had enough. He admitted there’s a few players that don’t give a shit, named them also. He did say the core of the team are a fantastic set of lads and if they’d been given a better chance he felt we’d be in a better position, said he was certain we would have stayed up had the club been run correctly.

theres also a hole in the changing room wall Marc Wilson punched through.

wheater and none of the players want Bassini in. Bassinis told wheater he wants to be sat on the bench with the manager, he said he’s full of shit.

my lad brought the shirt with him.

make of it what you will.

I think the word is gullible....you say the players have had enough, do you not think the fans have had enough of the players....again gullible sums this up, and I'm sorry Tony Kelly has no credibility in this in my eyes

12 minutes ago, Jeebster said:

I think the word is gullible....you say the players have had enough, do you not think the fans have had enough of the players....again gullible sums this up, and I'm sorry Tony Kelly has no credibility in this in my eyes

Well after yesterday he has in mine. Neither of them needed to do that for those kids. It was also wheaters daughters birthday and he still made time.(so he claimed).

i never said anything about the fans having enough, I had enough around six months ago and told him my thoughts on it.

i don't think many of this shower of shit will get fixed up anywhere else

Mostly they're oxygen thieves on their last swan song and stealing a living

The truth about the dressing room decisions will I'm sure be common knowledge amongst professionals as they'll all talk. This strike whether you see it as justified or not will raise I'm sure a concern with any potential employing chairmen/managers in case it goes tits turbo at their end too

12 hours ago, gonzo said:

If 10,000 people turned up to my work week in week out and pay money to watch me work and cheer me on because they want me to do well, support me and achieve more regardless of who pays my wages, I’d gadly take the chance to visit them and do my job for 2 hours to at least say thank you for sticking with me even though I’ve been shite at my job and it’s all ended a bit crap with the people that pay me.

it's a fair point, but what if most of them gave you dog's abuse and jumped on every mistake with relish - would you feel the same?

Can't imagine the likes of Buckley feeling any love

7 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm glad your kid got looked after, I really am, but what about the hundreds, maybe thousands of other kids who've been denied that game?

I've said it earlier and someone else has picked up on it, but the season has perfect symmetry with the players refusing to play at St Mirren at short notice at the start of the season. They showed their contempt for the fans that day and barring the odd decent performance have continued to let us down throughout the season. 

Yes, they should have got paid, they're one of about 6 or 7 squads in the EFL awaiting wages, but so far only one team has had to forfeit a game due to players refusing to play. As if the ongoing pantomime with Anderson / creditors / potential owners etc wasn't a big enough embarrassment, the players have added to the fans' woes this week and that is unforgivable.

They can get to fuck as far as I'm concerned.

Wheater says that most of the squad are fantastic lads, but couldn't get them to play one last home game?

They're complicit in the shitshow, I'm afraid. Off-field isn't their responsibility, but they've taken us down with their spineless, couldn't give a shit performances, yet want us to feel sorry for them? Their wages are late, but they know they'll get them. They'll all be fine next season when they get fixed up elsewhere, of course.

Agree with Traf.. great the lads have been looked after and met their hero’s but this bunch have shafted the fans.

also regarding the abuse they have got off lightly as we have total apathy within the fans. 

I read that Bury were only paid half wages, but chose not to publicise it and give an air of negativity to their promotion push.

Of course that's a squad feeling good and looking forward to the step up, not a squad feeling frustrated and realising they are taking a step down.

15 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm glad your kid got looked after, I really am, but what about the hundreds, maybe thousands of other kids who've been denied that game?

I've said it earlier and someone else has picked up on it, but the season has perfect symmetry with the players refusing to play at St Mirren at short notice at the start of the season. They showed their contempt for the fans that day and barring the odd decent performance have continued to let us down throughout the season. 

Yes, they should have got paid, they're one of about 6 or 7 squads in the EFL awaiting wages, but so far only one team has had to forfeit a game due to players refusing to play. As if the ongoing pantomime with Anderson / creditors / potential owners etc wasn't a big enough embarrassment, the players have added to the fans' woes this week and that is unforgivable.

Wheater says that most of the squad are fantastic lads, but couldn't get them to play one last home game?

They're complicit in the shitshow, I'm afraid. Off-field isn't their responsibility, but they've taken us down with their spineless, couldn't give a shit performances, yet want us to feel sorry for them? Their wages are late, but they know they'll get them. They'll all be fine next season when they get fixed up elsewhere, of course.

There’s a few good points there to be fair. Obviously the kids got invited in as they was supposed to be mascots. It was a little awkward at first as some of the kids was clearly still pissed off.

wheats came across like he wanted to play for the club, and assured us the players that mattered wanted to also.

he kept referring to the core of the team but wouldn’t say who, vela got mentioned.

dont shoot the messenger I’m just relaying what I got told.

my personal opinion did get changed from speaking to him, but trafs pointed out a few facts there.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

I read that Bury were only paid half wages, but chose not to publicise it and give an air of negativity to their promotion push.

Of course that's a squad feeling good and looking forward to the step up, not a squad feeling frustrated and realising they are taking a step down.

Malc, around the same time as ours first threatened, the Bury team also threatened not to play. Didn't follow the story, but it seems as though it might have worked in part for them.

16 hours ago, Traf said:

100% on board with this. Fuck the players.

16 hours ago, Traf said:

Spot on.

Sam Allardyce has had 48 years in football and been a manager since 1991, so how much did he  learn in all that time about football finance?

Apparently he learned that it would be  a smart move to borrow £millions from Ray Ranson  to spend on players and agents and repay it over 25 years.

So just imagine how much BWFC's present players understand about the financial facts of life and how easily they might fall for cloud cuckoo reasoning.

On 04/05/2019 at 00:24, The Wanderer said:

Well after yesterday he has in mine. Neither of them needed to do that for those kids. It was also wheaters daughters birthday and he still made time.(so he claimed).

i never said anything about the fans having enough, I had enough around six months ago and told him my thoughts on it.

Tony Kelly is a top man. Said this before but he came around mine after my little un had a major op @ Alder Hey to see how he was getting on; and we aren’t Bolton area.

He cares and is great with the community and does loads for various groups. What’s not to like about that?!

He was at an inclusive sports thing the other week that one of mine was at and even though none of them would have even known who he was he was absolutely brilliant with them all. Not sure he can be faulted for his efforts for the club in the wider community.

35 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

The club had paid them you mean

And yep it would but target still had a choice to make. 

Mans they made the shithouse one, which sums the cunts up

Yes I do mean the club. They did and I can understand why they did this but timing doesn’t sit well as I assume we will be punished when effectively they had to turn out for 180 minutes. They should of been paid as I’m still to meet anyone that prefers working for nowt. I suppose the argument is whether you’d class being a football player a job as such. That I don’t know.

5 hours ago, tomski said:

Yes I do mean the club. They did and I can understand why they did this but timing doesn’t sit well as I assume we will be punished when effectively they had to turn out for 180 minutes. They should of been paid as I’m still to meet anyone that prefers working for nowt. I suppose the argument is whether you’d class being a football player a job as such. That I don’t know.

They chose as individuals whether or not to play against Forest, they should have done the same v Brentford instead of senior pros calling a strike and making the whole squad abide by it.