Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do You Support the Players Strike? Yes/No

Ruba Mustafa

17 hours ago, tomski said:

Yes I do mean the club. They did and I can understand why they did this but timing doesn’t sit well as I assume we will be punished when effectively they had to turn out for 180 minutes. They should of been paid as I’m still to meet anyone that prefers working for nowt. I suppose the argument is whether you’d class being a football player a job as such. That I don’t know.

If we are sticking with the "Its a job" people can no longer complain about loyalty etc. (not you)

20 hours ago, jules_darby said:

The club had paid them you mean

And yep it would but target still had a choice to make. 

Mans they made the shithouse one, which sums the cunts up

Ken's a man of means, and also a man who convinced the EFL we had the funds to see us through the end of the season. He could've paid the players and got the Brentford game on, he chose not to. How is he less culpable than the players who chose not to put themselves at risk?

20 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Ken's a man of means, and also a man who convinced the EFL we had the funds to see us through the end of the season. He could've paid the players and got the Brentford game on, he chose not to. How is he less culpable than the players who chose not to put themselves at risk?

I think (and I might be wrong here) the finer detail of what you're saying is that Ken could have paid them, but the club couldn't. Payment is down to the club, not the owner, sadly.

Rightly or wrongly KA isn't putting any money into the failing business.

• Moderators

KA could've at least gone down the training ground and explained to the players if there's no money in the bank, there's no money in the bank, and explained he doesn't have any obligation to pay them.  He could've pointed out they will get paid at some point, and that they've only been paid late a couple of times.  He could've  tried guilt tripping them like he does with the non playing staff where he makes on if they give a shit they keep going till they get paid, if they love the club.   He could've avoided the fact that pretty much his only line of communication with the playersopf late has been his column, which he uses to criticise them.   He could've made the tough decisions required for the club to survive as he said he would. 

I don't appreciate the players doing what they did when they did because of the ramifications, but I don't blame them - it's all on KA and reactions to his actions which are running the club into the ground from every angle.

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

I think (and I might be wrong here) the finer detail of what you're saying is that Ken could have paid them, but the club couldn't. Payment is down to the club, not the owner, sadly.

Rightly or wrongly KA isn't putting any money into the failing business.

I'm saying if we're calling the players cunts and worse for not going against their best interests and playing while unpaid, surely it should cause a similar amount of anger that Ken didn't say 'well the fans have been through a lot, here's my consultancy fee from a couple of years ago back, let's get this game on'?

Ken acts like a cunt and everybody else is expected to bend over backwards to keep us afloat, and if they don't it's their fault and not his. That's the last three years in a nutshell.

15 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I'm saying if we're calling the players cunts and worse for not going against their best interests and playing while unpaid, surely it should cause a similar amount of anger that Ken didn't say 'well the fans have been through a lot, here's my consultancy fee from a couple of years ago back, let's get this game on'?

Ken acts like a cunt and everybody else is expected to bend over backwards to keep us afloat, and if they don't it's their fault and not his. That's the last three years in a nutshell.

Who said he’s less culpable?

11 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Ok. Where do you think the overwhelming majority of the criticism has been aimed at on here for us not playing the Brentford game?

I think if you read the title of this thread it may give you the answer you seek 

45 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Ok. Where do you think the overwhelming majority of the criticism has been aimed at on here for us not playing the Brentford game?

FFS, what’s the specific title of this thread?

The internet isn’t for everyone