Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Enough is enough...

The Norpig

6 hours ago, The Norpig said:

Been on the beers since finishing work. Get home and the mrs has flaked out. 

Sat searching YouTube vids with a few gins trying to reminisce but where do you go  

Okocha running Keane about the park, scoring that free kick against Villa or against bora, or sending West Ham down, or any showboating. Pedersen scoring goals from ridiculous angles. Sasa and Pollock running rings. Vaz Te miss hitting some worldies. Djorkaef and Hierro gracing the pitch in a white shirt. Anelka scoring for fun in his peak. Stelios playing football with a smile. Nolan and Ricketts smashing United. Davies equalising in Munich. Campo winning free kicks and that strike against Spurs. Chris Fairclough doing his same warmup routine. Paul Warhurst with his 60’s mop. Making a song out of Mixxu Paatalainen. Playing Zenit in europa, a game only fit for Mark Fish. Fabien De Freitas being lighting quick getting to his feet to score against reading. Branagan’s penalty save. That rivaldo fax. Ricardo Gardener and Jermaine Johnson given us both barrels or flair. Morais delivering. Alfie being a striker, a poor mans Klasnic. Freddie Bobic’s hatrick. Bob Taylor! Praying for Fabrice. Praying for Stuart Holden’s knees. Chungy at brum. Liking Scotland a little bit with McGinlay, Walker and Colin Hendry.  McGinlay’s goals, McGinlay’s pubs.  Listening to Arsene and Benitez moaning. The Icelandic lads, Gudni and Eidur. Dave ding dong do. Nicky Hunt playing upfront. The little guys Michael Johanson, Stig Tofting, Jay Spearing and Stelios. Wembley against Tranmere, liverpool and Reading. Zenden’s double kick, Stoke and Villa in the Semis. Deano as a player. David Reeve’s teeth. Jussi’s double save at Rovers. Felgate being my childhood hero. Beardsley, Shilton, Sir Les and Sir Emile donning a white shirt. Ian Marshall never having a shirt big enough. Ariza too. Jardel losing his golden boot in his shorts. Owen Coyle when you’re winning. Diouf being our wanker. Bo Hansen scoring anything.  Elmander’s 10 million pound goal against wolves. Bruno’s military haircut. Crying to my dad that I’m too cold in the lever end. A footballing legend, Gary Speed. Nakata and Nishizawa bringing tears to japs eyes. Jlloyd not conceding a penalty to ronaldo. Aguero getting sent off. Tony Kelly actually playing football, well. Per leaving, Per coming back. Medo’s potential. Standing at Burnden. Alan Smith crying, Joe Cole crying   Big Sam making the good times. Eddie throwing good money after bad and now Bassini’s white shirt  

I’m certain I’ve missed many, I can definitely keep adding to this. I’m still paying a credit card I maxed out following the whites in Europe, I would do it all again tomorrow  

I can’t wait for this period in our history to be over. I’m sick of reading about all the shite.

one miserable bastard. 

COYWM

I don't want it to end.

12 hours ago, The Norpig said:

Sat searching YouTube vids with a few gins trying to reminisce but where do you go  

Okocha running Keane about the park, scoring that free kick against Villa or against bora, or sending West Ham down, or any showboating. Pedersen scoring goals from ridiculous angles. Sasa and Pollock running rings. Vaz Te miss hitting some worldies. Djorkaef and Hierro gracing the pitch in a white shirt. Anelka scoring for fun in his peak. Stelios playing football with a smile. Nolan and Ricketts smashing United. Davies equalising in Munich. Campo winning free kicks and that strike against Spurs. Chris Fairclough doing his same warmup routine. Paul Warhurst with his 60’s mop. Making a song out of Mixxu Paatalainen. Playing Zenit in europa, a game only fit for Mark Fish. Fabien De Freitas being lighting quick getting to his feet to score against reading. Branagan’s penalty save. That rivaldo fax. Ricardo Gardener and Jermaine Johnson given us both barrels or flair. Morais delivering. Alfie being a striker, a poor mans Klasnic. Freddie Bobic’s hatrick. Bob Taylor! Praying for Fabrice. Praying for Stuart Holden’s knees. Chungy at brum. Liking Scotland a little bit with McGinlay, Walker and Colin Hendry.  McGinlay’s goals, McGinlay’s pubs.  Listening to Arsene and Benitez moaning. The Icelandic lads, Gudni and Eidur. Dave ding dong do. Nicky Hunt playing upfront. The little guys Michael Johanson, Stig Tofting, Jay Spearing and Stelios. Wembley against Tranmere, liverpool and Reading. Zenden’s double kick, Stoke and Villa in the Semis. Deano as a player. David Reeve’s teeth. Jussi’s double save at Rovers. Felgate being my childhood hero. Beardsley, Shilton, Sir Les and Sir Emile donning a white shirt. Ian Marshall never having a shirt big enough. Ariza too. Jardel losing his golden boot in his shorts. Owen Coyle when you’re winning. Diouf being our wanker. Bo Hansen scoring anything.  Elmander’s 10 million pound goal against wolves. Bruno’s military haircut. Crying to my dad that I’m too cold in the lever end. A footballing legend, Gary Speed. Nakata and Nishizawa bringing tears to japs eyes. Jlloyd not conceding a penalty to ronaldo. Aguero getting sent off. Tony Kelly actually playing football, well. Per leaving, Per coming back. Medo’s potential. Standing at Burnden. Alan Smith crying, Joe Cole crying   Big Sam making the good times. Eddie throwing good money after bad and now Bassini’s white shirt  

I’m certain I’ve missed many, I can definitely keep adding to this. I’m still paying a credit card I maxed out following the whites in Europe, I would do it all again tomorrow  

I can’t wait for this period in our history to be over. I’m sick of reading about all the shite.

one miserable bastard. 

COYWM

THIS is what it means to be a Wanderer.

To all the shit bags turning away, just looking for excuses not to support the club read this and fucking weep you yellow bellied cunts!

I consider myself to be very lucky that I’ve been at some of the greatest moments in BWFCs recent history

forest at home

munich away

madrid at home

west ham and boro home

carling cup run

birmingham away fa cup

im finding it very hard to comprehend that future generations and my children won’t even get to witness a bolton win if we go pop.

15 hours ago, The Norpig said:

one miserable bastard. 

COYWM

Great post Norpig.

Are you Eminem in disguise :D

I can’t believe how much I missed out. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Sorry about Spearing. It was more the vertically challenged  aspect than the legendary status.

It doesn’t matter what they do, how much they punish us or where we end up. We’re going fucking nowhere. It’s not all about the prem or Europe or all the other plastic bollocks we’re forced to conform to. It’s about this, this is football.

We are the one and only Wanderers. 😄

pissed again 🤦🏼‍♂️

COYWM

18 minutes ago, The Norpig said:

Sorry about Spearing. It was more the vertically challenged  aspect than the legendary status.

It doesn’t matter what they do, how much they punish us or where we end up. We’re going fucking nowhere. It’s not all about the prem or Europe or all the other plastic bollocks we’re forced to conform to. It’s about this, this is football.

pissed again 🤦🏼‍♂️

COYWM

Good lad

2 hours ago, The Norpig said:

pissed again 🤦🏼‍♂️

COYWM

Just got back myself from a few good bevies and although not pissed I have had a few

They will not take away BWFC from us - fuck what league we are in as long as we continue to turn up

On 04/05/2019 at 02:32, The Norpig said:

one miserable bastard. 

COYWM

Lee, McGinlay and Walker tormenting the Liverpool defence in the F. A. Cup replay

Ivan Campo and THAT goal celebration. 

Edited by DavidLeesMullet

On 04/05/2019 at 02:32, The Norpig said:

one miserable bastard. 

COYWM

This is magnificent. I’d actually have this as a poster