Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who's Paying For All The New Tower Blocks In Manc ?

leigh white

3 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I thought Canary Wharf was riddled with cranes in the 80s, the Manchester skyline will be outdoing them at the moment.

Still plenty in that London as well

1 hour ago, leigh white said:

More building on Chester Rd, it's amazing to see this city shooting up and Liverpool down the road is stagnant, anyway, it's cheaper for a pint in mickey mouse land.

Liverpool is booming too!

• Site Supporter

I’m doing some work in a few of them.

The majority of the funding is coming from Chinese investors, with a liberal sprinkling of Russian money there too.

I saw one of the major guys getting out of a rather anonymous Merc down at the Oxygen tower site and it’s fair to say he commanded an awful lot of respect.

the square mile or so of Manc city centre is a massive massive money laundering operation. 

Allegedly.

22 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Rent was £850pm by the time I moved out of Castlefield 4 years ago I dread to think what it's up to now round there. 

2 or 3 bed apartment? If 2 bed, then its not much more TBH. Think there's a saturation of apartments in the city centre - which is possibly keeping some prices down. Maybe newer apartments command higher rent - not sure.

Remember the Chinese buying full blocks of apartments and full floors - not just the odd one or two.

• Site Supporter

There’s a massive demand for small apartments. The tower blocks are mainly 1 & 2 bed crash pad type places that will be empty at the weekends.

Manchester is the 2nd city and way ahead of Birmingham these days.

On 6 May 2019 at 19:24, Spider said:

There’s a massive demand for small apartments. The tower blocks are mainly 1 & 2 bed crash pad type places that will be empty at the weekends.

Manchester is the 2nd city and way ahead of Birmingham these days.

Can only go from experience - but students tend to want to stay on after they've graduated and work in the city. 

I thought I read that Birmingham was the Venice of the UK!

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Smiley said:

Can only go from experience - but students tend to want to stay on after they've graduated and work in the city. 

I thought I read that Birmingham was the Venice of the UK!

More canals than Venice, more curry houses than bombay