Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New Royal Baby

globaldiver

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He isn't.

Do you think he is?

I'll shall be voting for the brexit party together with millions of others.

Therefore we're all racists too it presume?

Keep it coming, and the more votes they'll get.

Aye right. That makes total sense.

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

No, I don't think Baker is a racist.

Like Will Self and our very own Cheese has stated previously, not all Brexiters are racist, but all racists want Brexit.

I assumed that Cheese had had an original thought there

There was a big palaver because Will Self was being his usual smug self and he said it in the presence of some tory twat, who knew what he meant but kept repeating it out of context in some patronising attempt to smear Self in the eyes of Brexiters, who he (the tory twat) obviously thinks are thick and reactionary.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Keep inferring everyone in a group is a nonce or a terrorist and eventually they think "Ah, fuck it!" and join a DAESH supporting grooming gang.

Makes total sense.

Don't talk bollocks.

We're talking about voting patterns. Telling folk they're racist for doing so won't make them change the mind.

If you call a terrorist a nonce he won't give a fuck and will carry on being a terrorist.

When I mentioned Bolton council don't have anything to do with the housing stock, you said " you know what I mean". Then you come up with that as an analogy.

Fuckin ell, I was actually thinking earlier that I was good to have a decent debate without stupify and name calling!

It was tongue in cheek.

I just despair at this 'metropolitan elites' and 'lefty mindbenders' fucking things up and pushing people to the right thesis that one rarely, if ever encounters in real life.

Similarly if Brexit turns out shite it'll be solely the fault of remain.

It's part of a wider apolitical trend toward abdication of all personal responsibility - another signifier being cunts who flytip and litter.

The left are equally culpable in this.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

47 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It was tongue in cheek.

I just despair at this 'metropolitan elites' and 'lefty mindbenders' fucking things up and pushing people to the right hesis that one rarely, if ever encounters in real life.

Similarly if Brexit turns out shite it'll be solely the fault of remain.

It's part of a wider apolitical trend toward abdication of all personal responsibility - another signifier being cunts who flytip and litter.

The left are equally culpable in this.

There ain’t no Brexit, mate.

good post, though

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course it does. Is it too difficult a concept for you?

Keep telling folk they're racist for voting a particular way, and they'll do it all the more. Simple really.

I’m undecided. Some tit is telling me that that mob over there is a bunch of racists. So I think to myself, aye, that’s the party for me. 

Aye makes total sense. :D

Edit - forgot to add.

Unless I was a racist. Then it would make perfect sense.

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I’m undecided. Some tit is telling me that that mob over there is a bunch of racists. So I think to myself, aye, that’s the party for me. 

Aye makes total sense. :D

Edit - forgot to add.

Unless I was a racist. Then it would make perfect sense.

Maybe the tit was wrong but it suited his agenda to want you to believe his bullshit but you decided to see for yourself? 

• Site Supporter

My problem with this kind of thing is certain people will constantly mention for instance Brexit Party & racists though they will deny they think they are one & the same thing, however the inference is always there. The constant drip feeding is intended to paint anyone who votes for the Brexit Party as such. 

I think the point TMG is trying to make is that  the effect these insiduos references are tending to have is to harden the views of those they are aimed against. 

I voted to leave the EU for my own reasons, though I respect the people who voted to remain & see no reason to publicly debate their own personal reasons for doing so. However if anyone feels that the need to assume that I must be a racist they can kiss my white honkey arse 😁

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:28, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I quite like his show on Saturday morning. Bit mad but interesting nonetheless.

One irritating trait is him talking over guests at times.

He's clearly very knowledgeable on sport, music etc. Given the huge range of guests on various subjects I have never had any reason to view him as racist in any way.

He's made a big mistake, and I can't see the humour in his attempted joke irrespective of its basis. Sad that society is now in such a way that guilt and condemnation occurs immediately, before a chance for explanation.

He's done some great stuff and the Saturday R5 show has helped with many a tedious journey up to Bolton games for me. Also up his own arse a lot  - and let's face it, you don't have to comment on anything on Twitter, so if you do then best make it squeaky clean. On that show he had a regular thing of playing circus music while imagining chimps wandering out dressed as various famous people. As a mind game it was quite good - but you kind of had to be there. If you put something  related out to the whole world who don't know the back stry you're asking for trouble.

I'd defy anyone not to cheer their day up with these two clips from the Baker and Kelly show though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hhk8VVS2AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcX1lc1SlDc

• Site Supporter

He has a bit of a fetish for monkeys, he finds them dressed as humans funny and has done sketches, shows, radio, tv, etc with them for comedy effect.

However, he is also fully aware of her mixed race and the connotations of monkeys in racism, yet he still thought it would be a gag. 

He fucked up. I don't think he thought any of it through but I don't think he is a racist. Maybe just a bit old fashioned? Dunno.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

My problem with this kind of thing is certain people will constantly mention for instance Brexit Party & racists though they will deny they think they are one & the same thing, however the inference is always there. The constant drip feeding is intended to paint anyone who votes for the Brexit Party as such. 

I think the point TMG is trying to make is that  the effect these insiduos references are tending to have is to harden the views of those they are aimed against. 

I voted to leave the EU for my own reasons, though I respect the people who voted to remain & see no reason to publicly debate their own personal reasons for doing so. However if anyone feels that the need to assume that I must be a racist they can kiss my white honkey arse 😁

Bingo. It's this very 'racism' type comment that created ukip etc in the first place. If mainstream parties grew a pair, and reflected and dealt with concerns, then Farage wouldn't have had the impact he did.

No doubt a few idiots will be continue to associate with truly extreme parties, but better they are out in plain sight anyhow.

I don't think Baker is a racist. It was stupid to post it but to suggest he genuinely put it down as a racist statement seems a bit out there. It was stupid though. Sugar was racist about the African football team on Twitter but BBC never sacked him.. having said all that Baker killed Bob Marley so he's got form.

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

He's done some great stuff and the Saturday R5 show has helped with many a tedious journey up to Bolton games for me. Also up his own arse a lot  - and let's face it, you don't have to comment on anything on Twitter, so if you do then best make it squeaky clean. On that show he had a regular thing of playing circus music while imagining chimps wandering out dressed as various famous people. As a mind game it was quite good - but you kind of had to be there. If you put something  related out to the whole world who don't know the back stry you're asking for trouble.

I'd defy anyone not to cheer their day up with these two clips from the Baker and Kelly show though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hhk8VVS2AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcX1lc1SlDc

Yep. It's just perhaps a bit sad that it's so easy for people to have a linchin' before they're prepared to look into the full facts to see if there is a back story.

• Moderators

Whilst I'm sure he didn't mean it in a racist way, because you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid if you were in his position to do something like that, I don't actually get the joke or point he was trying to make

Danny-Baker-777957.jpg