Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lets Play Champ Manager

HomerJay

35 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Presumably everyone else used to also take control of Man U, sign all our shite for massive fees and wages and ruin them financially?

very much so... I also ruined my disk with us saved at the Champions League qtr final... what might've been

Alex Aguinaga

aye...

In years to come Eidos will be sued for millions by those of us who lost jobs/partners/libido/houses just for playing the damn thing... I spent 1996 listening to MSP, smoking embassy and playing Champ Man when I should've been revising for my GCSEs- the addiction was real

2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Presumably everyone else used to also take control of Man U, sign all our shite for massive fees and wages and ruin them financially?

Don't forget putting their best players up on the transfer list for free transfer. 

Or really cheating and going into the editor and making the squad into mega stars. 

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Not only that, I used to offer massive contracts to all of their players, set them for release for massive compensation and then resign before the board had chance to block the releases. End result they’d end up bankrupt and Old Trafford would gradually reduce in capacity as they couldn’t afford the upkeep. 

They had a 16 year old goalkeeper called James Jowsey who I would leave there on a massive contract along with a couple of other kids. Was a bit weird seeing play in real life for Flixton in the North West Counties League. 

40 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

CM2 was the first one I ever played. Have had every single one since. Haven't paid for a copy in a while though since I've been doing the Bolton stats on it back to about FM08

I bet that has been a fun task the last few years. 

18 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

aye...

In years to come Eidos will be sued for millions by those of us who lost jobs/partners/libido/houses just for playing the damn thing... I spent 1996 listening to MSP, smoking embassy and playing Champ Man when I should've been revising for my GCSEs- the addiction was real

Same. Hate to think how much time I 'wasted' feeding that addiction.  

I rarely managed us, usually preferring to start with a league 1 side, although my Newcastle team from CM4 will always have a fond place in my heart!

Last few I've tried, FM15 &16 it seems to me to be much harder now? Lots of faff around training schedules that I could never be arsed with

• Site Supporter

for the record, this was not meant be a CM discussion. It was meant to be what players can we sign on frees for next season.

I think some of our players could do a job, but i really think we need a clean slate.

6 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

for the record, this was not meant be a CM discussion. It was meant to be what players can we sign on frees for next season.

I think some of our players could do a job, but i really think we need a clean slate.

Those that turned up for the last game certainly should have a chance. Those that didn't barring injury can fuck off. 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Phew, TFFT!

None of this thread means anything to me - I suppose that's an age thing 😀