Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

“Writing was on the wall” says ex—Wanderers boss Coyle

Ruba Mustafa

Article in today’s Bolton News.

yes you moron, the writing was on the wall when you were in charge! 

We went out of the prem under his management.

i was at the end of season player of the year bash at the stadium on the day that we got relegated from the prem.

i nearly didn’t go as i was too upset and thought that it would be a morbid affair, I thought players would be too embarrassed to attend and that the mood would be sad.

How wrong I was.

nobody seemed to give a toss that we had dropped out of the prem, players were pissed up, gartside gave a rousing speech about how we had a great squad and was confident that we would bounce straight back up.

coyle gave a speech, much the same!

i couldn’t believe my ears.

yes, the writing was on the wall seven years ago mr coyle! 

I never got this idea that Coyle would bring the fans together as an appointment. He was a pretty shit player for us 

His Burnley team was sinking as fast as a stone under him (bar the boxing day game) and I certainly didn't want him as manager. 

The best bit about getting him was it pissed off Burnley fans 

Edited by DirtySanchez

You see... Coyles motivational method of management, coupled with his style of football could be EXACTLY what we need right now; he knows the club, has an eye for a player (Rodrigo ffs!!!!), and has enough experience to get players and fans alike onboard.

Yes, he made mistakes; but he was clearly the fall guy when PG and EDs excessive rainbow chasing led to our downfall!

Lets not forget we would never have tasted the prem but fur his brace at Wembley... we kinda owe him.

I could pad out another paragraph using (brackets) and links (fuck you Harvard), but I won’t. Hopefully you’ll by now realise I’m pished an on some mistaks aa a wind up... purely for my own tiny mind.

Fuck you Coyle; the original not a cunt, just a shit manager kinda guy

11 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Coyle did a perfectly good job up until Stoke, lost chungy and Holden then shit himself

Theres only so far enthusiasm can get you

And Muamba

edidited to add , I didn't realise he only missed the last 10 games of the relegation season , I thought it was longer .

Edited by dusan nikolic

15 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

And Muamba

edidited to add , I didn't realise he only missed the last 10 games of the relegation season , I thought it was longer .

Coyle didnt 'lose' Muamba. He didnt value or know how to use him. If he had we could have defended better (anaethma to the ping pong king) That awful night at Tottenham has allowed some to re write history. He didnt play Muamba regularly and subbed him too prematurely on many occasions.  The lad was in tears at his treatment before that night. Plus you only have to read SKD account of Coyle's preparation for the Stoke semi to realise what a clueless cunt he really was? Fooled us for a bit granted but definitely partly responsible for where we are now 

I love the lack of self awareness, like Andrews commenting on big wages for crap players.

Dead right on Muamba, there was stuff on here about why aren't we playing him and showing our record with him in and out of the team. After Spurs the rift was at the time understandably forgotten.

13 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Coyle did a perfectly good job up until Stoke, lost chungy and Holden then shit himself

Theres only so far enthusiasm can get you

Eddie and Phil didn't help matters by selling Cahill half way through the relegation season either.

47 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Eddie and Phil didn't help matters by selling Cahill half way through the relegation season either.

Coyle didn’t help when choosing to spend that cash on a striker he’d never seen play and a 5ft 10 centre half either. Cock.

Should’ve been potted after the shambles at Swansea in October. Sadly he got another 11 months and caused even more damage. 31 year old Andrews on a 3 year, £20k a week deal really boils my piss. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE