Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

3 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Didn't Utd lend them their training ground or something like that? Probably a Neville Neville deal. Whatever it was they should be a bit more sympathetic to our situation.

Don’t know about the training ground, but Utd took their reserve games to Gigg and let Bury keep any revenue. 

On 23/05/2019 at 15:15, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Used to work with his dad. Decent bloke.

Worked with his uncle Pete for donkeys years, great bloke, lifelong BW fan who used to keep me updated on Nicky's career, he watched him a lot for Bury and Rochdale. Moved to crawley once simply because of the contract they were offering.

5 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Didn't Utd lend them their training ground or something like that? Probably a Neville Neville deal. Whatever it was they should be a bit more sympathetic to our situation.

No it was City. They had a newish training ground close to United's in Carrington, but then moved to their new complex near their main stadium, so gave I to Bury for a peppercorn rent. Not sure Bury could afford the upkeep.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Apparently the owners sons was goading the fans outside 

Like I said previous good job some bolton fans can’t get access to Anderson 

Bolton/Bury let’s stop the comparisons there pal. If we are like them then we may as well call it quits.

FWIW I’m not arsed if they go bust like if it was us I wouldn’t expect their sympathies

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Bolton/Bury let’s stop the comparisons there pal. If we are like them then we may as well call it quits.

FWIW I’m not arsed if they go bust like if it was us I wouldn’t expect their sympathies

They have piped down big time as there position seems to be getting worse every week 

Bury ways has a bolton poster who seems very knowledgeable on the admin/liquidation process wouldn’t surprise if was someone off here 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

They have piped down big time as there position seems to be getting worse every week 

Bury ways has a bolton poster who seems very knowledgeable on the admin/liquidation process wouldn’t surprise if was someone off here 

At least the wrong address excuse is off the table. 

Going a bit pete tong down the road 

apparently previous owner took a 4m loan against the club years back at some ridiculous rate paying £1500 a day back 

Fans are trying to raise funds themselves, they have a meeting with efl but unless something is pulled off they will be joining ourselves in the minus club