Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

I find it hard to give a feck about Bury knowing how much they hate us but I can't bring myself to wish liquidation on them.  Perhaps just a lifetime in league 2 or the Northern premier league.

Besides, we're not out of the woods ourselves yet

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Presumably you've not heard what they sang about Muamba nor what they sang about Sir Nat? Did you not see the flag hung over the bridge on the M66?

The vast majority of them are United or City fans AND Bury fans. When they say they're going into town they don't even mean Bury. They're a worthless turd. It's a town that doesn't deserve its own football team.

Fuck them

Have you ever sang about Jack Walker, Matt Busby, danced like a plane etc? 

No? 

What makes you think the majority of folk a few miles away are any different? 

FWIW, I say town and refer to Manchester, but I'm a 0161 number... 

Don't get me wrong, they are cunts, like them Yams, the plastic scouser, red fuckers up the road, and in my opinion the massives (but that's personal). Thing is, however a loose fit, a club is out identity... Shit isn't sustainable as it currently is. The game needs a wake up call, but once one goes others will follow.

If all our rivals die off we become a glorious carp in an algie filled pond. 

Or of you prefer, the game is like a mighty tree, blossoming, beautiful to look at from the outside... But those branches in the shade are slowly rotting, and will die off. When that tree bears no fruit, we'll just be left with a decaying trunk. 

I'm gonna stop drinking now

24 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Have you ever sang about Jack Walker, Matt Busby, danced like a plane etc? 

No? 

In all honesty, no, and there's plenty on here know I abhor that kind of stuff.

I did like your metaphors though :D

Edited by DazBob

• Site Supporter

I couldn't give a toss about Bury to be honest but I don't want them to fold. Sure they have bell ends who sing about Muamba/Nat etc but they will also have a number of genuine fans who have been going for ever and a day and feel about their club like we do about ours.

I'd be absolutely gutted if we went out of business like i'm sure many of their fans would if it was them - no genuine fan deserves that.

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I couldn't give a toss about Bury to be honest but I don't want them to fold. Sure they have bell ends who sing about Muamba/Nat etc but they will also have a number of genuine fans who have been going for ever and a day and feel about their club like we do about ours.

I'd be absolutely gutted if we went out of business like i'm sure many of their fans would if it was them - no genuine fan deserves that.

I'm still fuck Bury. But Im sort of thinking this. But only because of our recent shite and how I felt during it. I genuinely did think it could be coming to and end for us. And that meant loosing a network of mates and no more trips to towns up and down the country for a sup, a laugh and a football match.

There's some Bury cunt out there just like me. And it's the Shakerpants that I've got a little empathy for.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

There must be some money still floating around in their coffers to hire and pay for Wilkinson?  It seems odd that he was taken on, just as 6 or 7 walked out due to non payment of wages 

Well rumours are that he works for one of dales companies, as Truro was part time 

cant make this shit up 

Notts County are at Ilkeston on Saturday, if you walk through a turnstile that has Notts County written over it, the money goes towards paying unpaid staff.

That's on County's official Twitter as well, what a sport this has become.

25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Notts County are at Ilkeston on Saturday, if you walk through a turnstile that has Notts County written over it, the money goes towards paying unpaid staff.

That's on County's official Twitter as well, what a sport this has become.

Meanwhile some cunts are being paid £350k a week in the Premier League.