Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Sheffield Wed fans helping them out now.

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/saveburyfc

5 Live are broadcasting "Drive" live from Gigg Lane and Tony Livesey is there , he was just saying the reason for some drilling in the background is that a suspected Banksy portrait has been painted on a door of the main stand and they are busy removing & replacing it ! 

That would be worth a few £ if its the genuine article 

1. I'm struggling to understand how Bury's games are going ahead but our's are being played.  How are we any more fit to play games compared to them, especially given tomorrow's court case.  Rhetorical question, not expecting anyone to understand the complexities of the respective cases, or how the EFLs mind works.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:
  1. I'm struggling to understand how Bury's games are going ahead but our's are being played.  How are we any more fit to play games compared to them, especially given tomorrow's court case.  Rhetorical question, not expecting anyone to understand the complexities of the respective cases, or how the EFLs mind works.

Weve had a genuine (allegedly) buyer close to completion. Bury have had a moon man clinging on to ownership and doing nowt. 

We had youth squads whereas I think Bury didn't and they have lost manager, back room staff and 5 players to Plymouth. 

Similar stories between us but reckon Bury are in a worse position unless this new bid is genuine! 

Fair enough but they do have a manager (Wilkinson) and they do have an owner, unlike us.  They must have 13 or more players in the building they could use of similar standard to our's, and cant possibly be any less eqipped to sell tickets etc than us.  I'm totally relieved we are being allowed to play,  touch wood, just not sure why Bury arent, in comparison.

14 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Essentially EFL were satisfied with the FV proposal even though the sale was not completed, whereas Bury's owner made no genuine attempt to demonstrate how that club could continue for a couple of seasons.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I always thought he was just an oddball but hats off to him for the job he's done at Macclesfield and the way he comes across.  We could do worse than getting him when/if the dust settles.

Controversial, but he does seem to have done well.

Not sure he'd want to leave the trying pan and jump into the fire though.