Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

47 minutes ago, tshape said:

Don't know why I listen to Jim White anyway, he does my head in. Reckoned his interview with Ryan Mason last year "brought the country to a standstill"

Dickhead ain't he. Making out they didn't want an argument on air when that's exactly what he was hoping for.

26 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

cant listen now, but had the player been paid or not?

Yes since the cva in full which is one month. Player didn’t quite grasp what was actually being asked by dale quite cleverly. But under the terms of the CVA he has to and the CVA still stands so he’s paying them. Well he’s paid the one month he has had to let’s see going forward. 

28 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Unless he's spunking 6k a week away, no way is he losing his house

I thought that 

he ain’t a bad player surely could of picked up another club 

my guess he knows he won’t get that anywhere else especially with his injury record so stick it out and hope the club gets taken over to continue his contract 

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Unless he's spunking 6k a week away, no way is he losing his house

I’ve mentioned this before but a bloke on £6k a week doesn’t live like a man on £500-1000 a week. I’m sure his outgoings will be much higher

• Site Supporter

I feel l really ought to be sympathetic to their predicament but also feel that if the boot was on the other foot they'd be lauding it big time on social media.

Fuck  'em.

Edited by MickyD

On 16/08/2019 at 17:24, tomski said:

I’ve mentioned this before but a bloke on £6k a week doesn’t live like a man on £500-1000 a week. I’m sure his outgoings will be much higher

£6k a week, less tax is probably £3.5k a week, take your agent fees out call it £3k a week. You’d like to think a footballer with a short career ahead of them will be making some provision for when they hit early to mid 30’s and their career is all over. Let’s say £2k a week to live on after a provision of £1k to the retirement pot. 

Its unlikely that a footballers wife will be holding down a decent career given all the moving about every year or so, so the ‘household income’ is probably reliant on the player 

I’d imagine they are looking at £9k to £10k a month to live on. That’s probably an above average household income in London, just! 

He will be living well no doubt but he won’t be some sort of millionaire 

• Members
On 18/08/2019 at 17:30, MickyD said:

I feel l really ought to be sympathetic to their predicament but also feel that if the boot was on the other foot they'd be lauding it big time on social media.

Fuck  'em.

Yep, just about where I am. Don't like to see clubs disappear so if they survive all well and good. If not, I won't be losing any sleep.

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

£6k a week, less tax is probably £3.5k a week, take your agent fees out call it £3k a week. You’d like to think a footballer with a short career ahead of them will be making some provision for when they hit early to mid 30’s and their career is all over. Let’s say £2k a week to live on after a provision of £1k to the retirement pot. 

Its unlikely that a footballers wife will be holding down a decent career given all the moving about every year or so, so the ‘household income’ is probably reliant on the player 

I’d imagine they are looking at £9k to £10k a month to live on. That’s probably an above average household income in London, just! 

He will be living well no doubt but he won’t be some sort of millionaire 

I’d love to be bringing in £10k a month after Mad Max in this here London :)

27 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Was talking household income,  a couple both on £50k - £60k a year are probably bringing home £6k a month after tax and live in a small flat in London 

You’re not far off there. I was a little surprised that the ONS puts average London salary at £40k. Didn’t realise it was that high (had assumed more like £35k).

You’d probably need a couple to be on £100k each to hit the £10k net pay a month. Or one of them partner at a firm of administrators...