Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

On 19/12/2019 at 19:00, waffer cup 07 said:

Dingles are poaching Bury supporters by allowing 350 of them to a game free of charge over Christmas. They will try anything to boost their pathetic home crowds.

Good on Rovers for giving Bury fans a bit of Xmas cheer..a club who's fans have been shat on while others gained favour.

Edited by ROVERS F.C.

22 minutes ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

Good on Rovers for giving Bury fans a bit of Xmas cheer..a club who's fans have been shat on while others gained favour.

I’d be insulted if someone offered me a Blackburn ticket. Why would they want to watch t’rovers

42 minutes ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

Kicking them while they're down, I'd say. Others more cynical than myself would probably say it's a considered risk to bring some new custom to the chicken empire.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’m saying no Bury fans will go to this 

many that are after a football fix go watching Radcliffe & I’m sure they have atherton at home Boxing Day 

Have boros crowds increased

They'd be better off merging tbh

6 hours ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

I'm not sure whether others have picked up on that sly dig... So I'll respond.

You're clearly a thick 6 fingered inbred cunt that doesn't know the difference between the two scenarios.

How about you don't get involved with stuff you don't know about, instead, stick to what you know & climb back on your Mother?

6 hours ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

Good on Rovers for giving Bury fans a bit of Xmas cheer..a club who's fans have been shat on while others gained favour

" William McGregor put in place a rule stating that only one club from each town or city could join, and chose Rovers, rather than Olympic, to be Blackburn's entrant "

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

" William McGregor put in place a rule stating that only one club from each town or city could join, and chose Rovers, rather than Olympic, to be Blackburn's entrant "

Entrant to what? When? How did Liverpool/Everton, City/United, all of the London clubs, All the Birmingham clubs, Forest/Notts County, Bristol City/Rovers, etc, get around such a rule?

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

Entrant to what? When? How did Liverpool/Everton, City/United, all of the London clubs, All the Birmingham clubs, Forest/Notts County, Bristol City/Rovers, etc, get around such a rule?

Football League. Accrington, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke (renamed Stoke City in 1926),[12] West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Nah. West Bromwich isn’t part of Birmingham even now so would have been even less so back then. Probably miles of countryside between them before the post-war suburbs were built up. 

WBA played nearly a mile NW of The Hawthorns when the league was founded. 

Villa originally played at Aston Lower Grounds, just south of Villa Park, which is less than 2 miles from The Hawthorns, but played at Wellington Road, a mile to the east of VP, when the league was founded. It wasn't even in Birmingham until 1911.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

WBA played nearly a mile NW of The Hawthorns when the league was founded. 

Villa originally played at Aston Lower Grounds, just south of Villa Park, which is less than 2 miles from The Hawthorns, but played at Wellington Road, a mile to the east of VP, when the league was founded. It wasn't even in Birmingham until 1911.

i was so worried ,thank you i can sleep easily tonight😃

Going back to the Dingle numpty's point about Bury having been shat on while others gained favour.  It's a narrative I've heard a few times now but just doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

Our 'favour' was relegation, a 12 point deduction, fine, suspended points deduction (for now) and a 2 year transfer embargo.

Bury were promoted with a squad they couldn't afford.  They were allowed to stay in the division provided they could show proof of finances for the year and/or their takeover went ahead. It didn't.  Feckin awful situation for them, not their fans fault but treated worse than us? Nah 

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Going back to the Dingle numpty's point about Bury having been shat on while others gained favour.  It's a narrative I've heard a few times now but just doesn't stand up to any scrutiny.

Our 'favour' was relegation, a 12 point deduction, fine, suspended points deduction (for now) and a 2 year transfer embargo.

Bury were promoted with a squad they couldn't afford.  They were allowed to stay in the division provided they could show proof of finances for the year and/or their takeover went ahead. It didn't.  Feckin awful situation for them, not their fans fault but treated worse than us? Nah 

And also being forced to play games with a team of infants, effectively sacrificing the points that were at stake.