Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

How was it ever an option? Bury FC doesn’t  exist, sadly, ie no ground, no money, no staff to speak of and obviously no manager or players. That’s why they created Bury AFC to join the NW Counties, how was it thought possible to resurrect the original Bury in the next month. Its not like new owners with money have come in, nothing’s changed. They were liquidated for a reason not so that they just return a year later a couple of divisions below.

17 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

How was it ever an option? Bury FC doesn’t  exist, sadly, ie no ground, no money, no staff to speak of and obviously no manager or players. That’s why they created Bury AFC to join the NW Counties, how was it thought possible to resurrect the original Bury in the next month. Its not like new owners with money have come in, nothing’s changed. They were liquidated for a reason not so that they just return a year later a couple of divisions below.

They haven’t been liquidated

the door is open for the 21/22 season 

Edited by radcliffe white

9 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I know it's kind of pointless now but I've had a few beers and I'm contemplating if we would have ever come back if we'd gone under last year. I reckon not.

If Anderson would of been running the show when this pandemic broke out absolutely no chance 

8 minutes ago, leigh white said:

My son was born in Bury, but brought up a Wanderer. My Grandson will be a tough nut to crack, with his other Grandad being a keen Citeh fan and decking him out in a team shirt. I will work the oracle to bring the young lad to his senses.

City’s bubble will burst the Arabs fuck off oil industry is fucked 😀

Despite going to school just up the road from Gigg I can think of only 4 kids from my year who were bury fans.

Of them 3 were also fans of other clubs and have followed them as they got older. The other one passed away.

There's just not the numbers of fans to support a league side.

7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Despite going to school just up the road from Gigg I can think of only 4 kids from my year who were bury fans.

Of them 3 were also fans of other clubs and have followed them as they got older. The other one passed away.

Where you go frank?

went derby myself 

15 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

That’s slightly unfair. There are smaller clubs than them in league 1 and plenty in league 2.  It’s down to having a dodgy owner and over spending, very little to do with matchday income.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Where you go frank?

went derby myself 

I made my secondary school debut at Derby school is 1986, goalkeeper. Won 2-0. From memory, I think it was also my last game so must have been shit despite the clean sheet

32 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

😀😀plenty of scraps on the back path back in the day 

Had to run cross country along the fence between the school's if you were unlucky it synched up with break time.

You'd have to sprint that section to dodge the rubbish being chucked from the oiks from Derby

• Members
4 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Had to run cross country along the fence between the school's if you were unlucky it synched up with break time.

You'd have to sprint that section to dodge the rubbish being chucked from the oiks from Derby

Character building stuff. There'd be a protest group, an enquiry and CCTV installed these days.