Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury

gonzo

2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

There must be a cut of point for applications to any league the way they are going about can’t see them having any team in any league next season to much in fighting and different factions think they are fucked for a few years to much shit to sort out 

The Phoenix club has made an application already 

An application may be but do they have anything behind it such as ground to play in would be a start , money  etc not really followed it but seems a lot of work to get anywhere near a football club with 6 months to go to next season and a cut of point that must be well before that 

• Moderators

Here's your problem with starting a new club, there's existing clubs that also want to move up the pyramid, are you going to say no to South Liverpool who are top of the Cheshire League? Crew FC look well set at well.

The clubs who have applied (to North West Counties) from Step 7 are:

Allscott (West Midlands Region League)
    Ashville (West Cheshire League)
    Crewe (Cheshire League)
    Egerton (Cheshire League)
    Foley Meir (Staffordshire County Senior League)
    Ilkley Town (West Yorkshire League)
    South Liverpool (West Cheshire League)
    Stockport Georgians (Manchester League)
    Wellington Amateurs (West Midlands Regional League)

Plus two new clubs:

Bury AFC
    FC Isle of Man

Edited by Carlos

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Here's your problem with starting a new club, there's existing clubs that also want to move up the pyramid, are you going to say no to South Liverpool who are top of the Cheshire League? Crew FC look well set at well.

The clubs who have applied (to North West Counties) from Step 7 are:

Allscott (West Midlands Region League)
    Ashville (West Cheshire League)
    Crewe (Cheshire League)
    Egerton (Cheshire League)
    Foley Meir (Staffordshire County Senior League)
    Ilkley Town (West Yorkshire League)
    South Liverpool (West Cheshire League)
    Stockport Georgians (Manchester League)
    Wellington Amateurs (West Midlands Regional League)

Plus two new clubs:

Bury AFC
    FC Isle of Man

Ironically,  I think money talks in this scenario.

Are the league going to refuse entry to a team who will bring several hundred supporters to every away fixture, giving the other clubs a much needed shot in the arm? 

Isle of Man would be an interesting away trip! Just getting there could blow Daisy Hill's budget for the season.

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Isle of Man would be an interesting away trip! Just getting there could blow Daisy Hill's budget for the season.

I think part of the deal of entering the league is that they fund the away travel of each team, as is the case with Guernsey in one of the leagues down south. Not sure how often flights are cancelled because of the weather, but that could certainly make things interesting (you'd have to assume that they don't expect teams to travel by ferry).

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

10th tier   it is then for the Phoenix club  looks like there not waiting for bury fc to be officially wound up before starting bury afc . Wonder how many of the old fans will even bother with a new club 

Let's face it there weren't many old fans with the old club!

4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I think part of the deal of entering the league is that they fund the away travel of each team, as is the case with Guernsey in one of the leagues down south. Not sure how often flights are cancelled because of the weather, but that could certainly make things interesting (you'd have to assume that they don't expect teams to travel by ferry).

Ah yes. I did read something about that.  I imagine the NWC officials will have stipulated them paying for 'flights' rather than 'travel'. Imagine trying to play footy a couple of hours after a rough ferry crossing!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Ironically,  I think money talks in this scenario.

Are the league going to refuse entry to a team who will bring several hundred supporters to every away fixture, giving the other clubs a much needed shot in the arm? 

No idea. The FA decide then allocate leagues. You can’t deny teams a promotion for no good reason. My understanding was new teams are back of the queue.

16 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Probably not enough to ever get them back in the league 

No doubt they'll get to have the odd pre-season friendly against us. 

Glad we won our last game at Gigg Lane. They didn't even have that long period unbeaten at home in the league against us to take in to perpetuity in the end.

Guernsey have an airport counted as their home ground for travel and thr away club have to arrange getting their team there then Guernsey pay for flights etc. Would guess isle of man will do the same. Bury might be lucky with few more places up for grabs this season then usual. A lot of applicants though.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

With football from step 3 to 6 being voided, I don't think the NWCFL will be taking new teams in next season, with there being no promotion. Not sure where this leaves AFC Bury. Manchester League maybe?