Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Would Bolton sell a 6k allocation for a Uefa Cup Final in Baku

Roger_Dubuis

Latest figures are that Arsenal have sold 3,500 tickets and Chelsea around 2,000.

Problems are that there are no direct flights from London to Baku, day trips are around £1,000 and it takes 5-6 days on the bus.

For a first European final, I think we'd sell more than both Arsenal and Chelsea maybe around 5,000

7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

If one of our 1st team was unable to play due to his nationality I'd tell em to get fucked. 

Can’t belive more hasn’t been made of this.

inagine if he was black/white or because he was Muslim.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can’t belive more hasn’t been made of this.

inagine if he was black/white or because he was Muslim.

I think in the end they said he could come, but they couldn't guarantee his safety 

thing is, Azarbaijan are hosting Euro 2020 games - what if Armenia qualify - would they then have to fix it / make sure that Armenia don't play games there? 

as for allocations - I read the average cost is 2.5k, so would we fuck sell 5-6k for a final at that price, no chance, not when we've also played 10+ away games to get there

14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I think in the end they said he could come, but they couldn't guarantee his safety 

thing is, Azarbaijan are hosting Euro 2020 games - what if Armenia qualify - would they then have to fix it / make sure that Armenia don't play games there? 

as for allocations - I read the average cost is 2.5k, so would we fuck sell 5-6k for a final at that price, no chance, not when we've also played 10+ away games to get there

Think there’s been a couple of precedents, in qualifying at least, of shifting teams around after the draw so that team A doesn’t have to play team B. Spain and Gibraltar springs to mind?

• Moderators

also read the reason why they only got 6k tickets each, when the ground holds 68k, was because the airport couldn't handle any more fans coming in from outside of the country

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

If one of our 1st team was unable to play due to his nationality I'd tell em to get fucked. 

Quite right. Both teams should tell eufa to get to fuck.

Quickly rearrange it for Wembley. Give the pitch a rest after the playoffs, then showpiece it.

• Site Supporter

It's fucking bollocks that it's in the backwards of beyond.

It's just about brown envelopes in back pockets. Again.

How do these fuckers get away with this shit, time and again?

Edited by Steejay

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Latest figures are that Arsenal have sold 3,500 tickets and Chelsea around 2,000.

Problems are that there are no direct flights from London to Baku, day trips are around £1,000 and it takes 5-6 days on the bus.

For a first European final, I think we'd sell more than both Arsenal and Chelsea maybe around 5,000

I think we'd be lucky to take more than 1500 or so, it's too expensive and it's fucking difficult to get to

41 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I've some friends who are Chelsea ST holders, they were considering going out, but the cost is prohibitive, and also they have to pay for their STs this month as well (previously, when they got the CL final, the club pushed back the renewal date by a month, to help out)

I've got another mate who is an Arsenal ST holder, and he's actually going, reckon it's going to cost the best part of £3K for 3 days

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Steejay said:

It's fucking bollocks that it's in the backwards of beyond.

It's just about brown envelopes in back pockets. Again.

How do these fuckers get away with this shit, time and again?

see I think it's fair enough that places like this get to host finals, it's not like their teams will get to the finals

likewise no issue with world cups being held in Russia and Qatar

UEFA and FIFA are bent anyway, wherever the big games are being played, pockets are being lined

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

see I think it's fair enough that places like this get to host finals, it's not like their teams will get to the finals

likewise no issue with world cups being held in Russia and Qatar

UEFA and FIFA are bent anyway, wherever the big games are being played, pockets are being lined

Sure, it's fine if it works logistically but to award a game like this to somewhere that can only accept up to 6,000 visitors is what makes it bollocks.

Again, the fans don't matter...

All for spreading football thru Europe (or the world if its FIFA) but Qatar and Ba fucking ku is taking piss. Bet FIFA are pissing their sides its two English clubs struggling to get there. Also this here Armenian thing and usually banning folk with bad aids come on why we humouring this medieval lot? 

Next posts - Roger the Dodger on how The Red Army would take millions to march on Baku and Radcliffe counting precisely how mant wed take. Two mini bus from moor lane and a coach from Walkden. Saved you trouble. Plus gahan'ys van out of retirement. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Steejay said:

Sure, it's fine if it works logistically but to award a game like this to somewhere that can only accept up to 6,000 visitors is what makes it bollocks.

Again, the fans don't matter...

aye, though it probably wouldn't have mattered had the final been between Benfica and Slavia Prague

the fans never matter - Madrid is far more capable of accomodating fans yet Liverpool and Spurs got 16k each - 50% of the capacity

the other 50% to big wigs, corporates, sponsors and those ensuring the money stays in the game

I went to Baku 2004 for the England game, took a couple of weeks to get my passport back after sending it off with visa application that was very nosey indeed, why im visiting, who ill be speaking to, where im staying, you name it, they asked it.  5.5 hr flight, ballache.  Oh, the ground wasnt as nice as the current one and Baku is a big grey shit tip.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Uefa would be on a slippery slope banning English clubs from competition.

Thin end of of a financial problems wedge.

Anyway, just play it at Wembley and bollocks to whether eufa sanction it. Still a winner in the minds of supporters, which is what matters.

it would be amusing to see the winners being handed an imaginery/invisible trophy and holding it aloft to their fans at the end, and the players then pass it around and kiss it and stuff

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I went to Baku 2004 for the England game, took a couple of weeks to get my passport back after sending it off with visa application that was very nosey indeed, why im visiting, who ill be speaking to, where im staying, you name it, they asked it.  5.5 hr flight, ballache.  Oh, the ground wasnt as nice as the current one and Baku is a big grey shit tip.

did you have to say whether you had good or bad aids?