Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Women’s World Cup

globaldiver

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I've just had a look. I reckon you're right. Quite a looker.

She came off the bench other night, shanked her first touch off the pitch but it's reet.

Seen one of England birds playing with massive false eyelashes other day. Da fuq is going on!

Edited by Marc505

What an absolute fucking farce. If you can’t decide about the offence after three or four replays then it isn’t going to become any more clear cut after two dozen. Close to 10 minutes fucking about with one decision and then essentially only added on a minute before full time. And as for the goalkeeper off the line thing, good luck making the same call in the last minute at Liverpool v Utd or whatever next season. 

Thank fuck it’ll be quite a while before VAR affects BWFC games. 

It’s going to kill the game. People keep saying it will get better.

It won’t. Refs will become more and more reliant on it. 

Its human nature to rely on the machine rather than your own judgment. 

VAR needs to be changed. The check for absolutes such as offsides or where a ball has struck a player (chest/hand) are ok. 

Because the machine can give an answer....

But trying to use replays to decide on subjective things like fouls and whether the keeper is on the line or not (its not clear cut is it?) need to stop. It ruins the flow of the game and the decisions are as random as ever. 

I am enjoying this tournament, there  is virtually no diving, time wasting and cheating compared to the men's game.I expect the ball is in play a good 15 minutes per match more in the womens game due to the lack of cheating and time wasting.

Scotland fucking up a 3-0 lead in a must win match against a team of part timers was hilarious.The bitterness from the Scotland camp made it even better.