Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another player leaves

Mounts Kipper

46 minutes ago, Big E said:

He must have been shit if parkinson didnt play him. hes a top bloke after all and knows his onions......

He's just gone to league one...perhaps somehow our players weren't quite up to the championship standard in reality?

3 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's just gone to league one...perhaps somehow our players weren't quite up to the championship standard in reality?

We wouldn't know if he was or not.  Parky didn't pick him. In the end he was opting for kids at right back rather than giving Little a run

33 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

We wouldn't know if he was or not.  Parky didn't pick him. In the end he was opting for kids at right back rather than giving Little a run

My point is that he's not an unknown prospect. And were he glaringly obviously a championship standard player he'd  not be going to Bristol Rovers...

It is odd he wasn't played last season. I think he was decent the season before going forward, but he cannot defend. But still odd he wasn't played and probably down to a falling out. 

But I do think many of our players are overrated by our fans. And their destinations on leaving us, show probably why we've struggled the past two years - because the quality of the squad was below the level required for even the bottom end of the championship. 

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Mark Little is the type of player we should be signing. I don’t blame him in the slightest for leaving - just hope his confidence can recover after 2 seasons of being “Parkied”

His confidence is probably better for not having to play in a Parky team. 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

My point is that he's not an unknown prospect. And were he glaringly obviously a championship standard player he'd  not be going to Bristol Rovers...

It is odd he wasn't played last season. I think he was decent the season before going forward, but he cannot defend. But still odd he wasn't played and probably down to a falling out. 

But I do think many of our players are overrated by our fans. And their destinations on leaving us, show probably why we've struggled the past two years - because the quality of the squad was below the level required for even the bottom end of the championship. 

Or maybe they were misused, unorganised & demotivated to some extent by PPs Rugby Union style tactics? 

16 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Or maybe they were misused, unorganised & demotivated to some extent by PPs Rugby Union style tactics? 

If it were as simple as that they'd all be snapped up by all those other championship clubs...

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If it were as simple as that they'd all be snapped up by all those other championship clubs...

As simple as Parky record at this level? Let's not kid ourselves that none of them were good enough for this level, there are players at Millwall, Reading, Rotherham etc who are of much the same ilk. 

Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

As simple as Parky record at this level? Let's not kid ourselves that none of them were good enough for this level, there are players at Millwall, Reading, Rotherham etc who are of much the same ilk. 

Don’t mention mr Parkinson’s fine championship record he’s been hard done by at 3 clubs you know 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Still think you should lay off this subject after telling us the claydog was in fact a good signing last season. 😂