Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Random social media stuff

Zico

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aye Twitter's shite and toxic.. I've never been on. 

Absolute nonsense that I've raised her profile- this has just proven to more people that she's a prick. 

This is thread is basically an argument over whether highlighting bigotry is pointless or not. Maybe if Katie was part of a minority then aye, fuck it, ignore her. But there's plenty of mainstream media acting in the same she does and using minority groups to stir up hate. They may be more subtle about it but I don't see much difference to KH and some of the articles written in the DM. 

I don't know if people on here have been a victim of discrimination based on colour/sexual preference/ ability etc. I haven't, so I couldn't speak from experience- but people who have often say the most important thing is knowing that they have support from the wider community. Ignoring racism sets a dangerous precedent. 

But the fact is a few of us knew about the Hopkins thing (me from a newspaper article online) but on here nobody had mentioned her until you did. So you have given her air time. Whilst it makes no difference it’s a fact. 

and all across the UK People will be talking about her again. It’s what she thrives on. And for everyone that thinks she’s a cunt there will be someone who thinks she’s a victim 

so the posting of this video and this so called prank has got  her banned From twitter. But she will be back. And it has also got people talking about her and raised her profile yet again. Whether you like it or not that’s what it’s done 

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But the fact is a few of us knew about the Hopkins thing (me from a newspaper article online) but on here nobody had mentioned her until you did. So you have given her air time. Whilst it makes no difference it’s a fact. 

and all across the UK People will be talking about her again. It’s what she thrives on. And for everyone that thinks she’s a cunt there will be someone who thinks she’s a victim 

so the posting of this video and this so called prank has got  her banned From twitter. But she will be back. And it has also got people talking about her and raised her profile yet again. Whether you like it or not that’s what it’s done 

Yes it's a 'fact' I gave her airtime. So do we just completely ignore bigots because we're afraid of giving them attention? There comes a point when we need to call someone out and stand by the victims of their shite. Whether that's through humour or protest. 

The EDL and BNP alike were often subjected to piss take by comedians and the like. It can be a powerful weapon. 

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Yes it's a 'fact' I gave her airtime. So do we just completely ignore bigots because we're afraid of giving them attention? There comes a point when we need to call someone out and stand by the victims of their shite. Whether that's through humour or protest. 

The EDL and BNP alike were often subjected to piss take by comedians and the like. It can be a powerful weapon. 

I just prefer to ignore them. Just personal preference. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Which bit don't you understand?

We all know she's a bigot. We don't need folk making videos etc, as it just thrusts her back into the mainstream. However by doing so, any idiots with ideas of extremism along her line of thought may just feel a bit more aggrieved and emboldened.

I don't need to keep seeing footage of Nazis shooting jews to know what they did. Once is enough thanks.

No doubt some scumbag will delight in such things.

Just like folk watching Islamic extremists beheading hostages on the internet. Absolutely fucking disgraceful that they are on there. Just whips up more and more hysteria.

That is what this chap is doing making the video. Misguided.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Which bit don't you understand?

We all know she's a bigot. We don't need folk making videos etc, as it just thrusts her back into the mainstream. However by doing so, any idiots with ideas of extremism along her line of thought may just feel a bit more aggrieved and emboldened.

I don't need to keep seeing footage of Nazis shooting jews to know what they did. Once is enough thanks.

No doubt some scumbag will delight in such things.

Just like folk watching Islamic extremists beheading hostages on the internet. Absolutely fucking disgraceful that they are on there. Just while up more and more hysteria.

That is what this chap is doing making the video. Misguided.

Very well articulated pal 

23 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

She's had loads of exposure over the years. Then some noggin does this, no real point to it as everone already knows what she's like.

Now folk are discussing her all over again, commenting on previous interviews she's done and no doubt posting further links to her behaviour.

All it does is raises her profile again. Take no notice of her, don't link to her nor quote her. Ignore her and deprive her and her ilk of the oxygen they seek.

Yup, her and the likes thrive off any kind of attention. I find it baffling that folk haven't figured this out yet. 

I didn't know she had kids. Fucking hell :lol:

8 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Yup, her and the likes thrive off any kind of attention. I find it baffling that folk haven't figured this out yet. 

I didn't know she had kids. Fucking hell :lol:

she were a knobhead on the apprentice. 

dunno why twitter or whoever are allowed to be the police though , where only about ten minutes ago it prided itself on letting folk say owt. 

23 hours ago, Escobarp said:

@London Wanderer I see Katie Hopkins twitter ban post that really useful prank and accompanying video that you were praising has lasted a long time ??

waste of fucking time like I said.
As you were. 

I was suprised it even got her off twitter in the first place to be honest. Anyways, I've never suggested this prank was going to save the world from the likes of Hopkins. Like you said, surely just comes down to personal preference. You see folk on TV and the like taking the piss out of people like this all the time. I've a pal with an autistic child and whilst she was horrified by the video she thought it was important to raise awareness when she spouts her vile shite. Plus she found the stitch up funny. Waste of time for some maybe but not for others. 

I get the argument on here that we should ignore these idiots as much as possible. You can still protect free speech without letting people like her spread hate on social media. 

Edited by London Wanderer

2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I was suprised it even got her off twitter in the first place to be honest. Anyways, I've never suggested this prank was going to save the world from the likes of Hopkins. Like you said, surely just comes down to personal preference. You see folk on TV and the like taking the piss out of people like this all the time. I've a pal with an autistic child and whilst she was horrified by the video she thought it was important to raise awareness when she spouts her vile shite. Plus she found the stitch up funny. Waste of time for some maybe but not for others. 

I get the argument on here that we should ignore these idiots as much as possible. You can still protect free speech without letting people like her spread hate on social media. 

I was told by a mate last night when discussing the very topic of stuff like this and her “ban” etc and he said post the ban she has amassed another 100k plus followers. Like me and few said the video had simply given her more followers and more publicity. A waste of time and has done the opposite of what you said it was for. 

my view it was for publicity and followers for the prick that did it. But you believe what you wish as Is your entitlement 

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Can we just keep this for funny shit and fuck off with the point scoring to one of the innumerable other threads where we act like cunts?

Ta very much 

It’s a thread something was posted which I raised A comment on and had a discussion with LW on. I believe a week later my comment was justified. Should we start a thread for Katie Hopkins to keep this fun for you? Nah. 

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s a thread something was posted which I raised A comment on and had a discussion with LW on. I believe a week later my comment was justified. Should we start a thread for Katie Hopkins to keep this fun for you? Nah. 

Fair do’s. Crack on. Hope you’re keeping score?

Wee lap of honour in the kitchen?

Edited by mickbrown