Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Random social media stuff

Zico

My Son posted a pic on FB of me and him and the Grandson at Christmas Day, i had a few comments, but one puzzled me, it sounded like gobbledygook, i only found out yesterday that the girl what had posted it is suffering from a brain tumour.😢

Edited by leigh white

5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I was told by a mate last night when discussing the very topic of stuff like this and her “ban” etc and he said post the ban she has amassed another 100k plus followers. Like me and few said the video had simply given her more followers and more publicity. A waste of time and has done the opposite of what you said it was for. 

my view it was for publicity and followers for the prick that did it. But you believe what you wish as Is your entitlement 

I can't see anywhere that her suspension from Twitter has increased her following by 100k. But your mate must be right ey? I don't use the shite- but it seems pretty obvious that following someone doesn't mean that you support them. 

It's not like the lass is part of some minority of idiots who we can easily just sweep under the carpet. Before the video was even made she had over one million followers. There's plenty of people with views as vile as hers and we need to call them out when it happens. Now this video isn't the solution- but the idea that it has done damage just doesn't add up for me. 

Finnish govn. have started teaching digital literacy to combat fake news and bigots in the media. Seems to be having a lot of success. I would like to see more of this here to combat the bullshit from people like KH.   

Edited by London Wanderer

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I can't see anywhere that her suspension from Twitter has increased her following by 100k. But your mate must be right ey? I don't use the shite- but it seems pretty obvious that following someone doesn't mean that you support them. 

It's not like the lass is part of some minority of idiots who we can easily just sweep under the carpet. Before the video was even made she had over one million followers. There's plenty of people with views as vile as hers and we need to call them out when it happens. Now this video isn't the solution- but the idea that it has done damage just doesn't add up for me. 

Finnish govn. have started teaching digital literacy to combat fake news and bigots in the media. Seems to be having a lot of success. I would like to see more of this here to combat the bullshit from people like KH.   

I know Keith Hills post match interviews are a bit strange at times, but I would say that is an over reaction 😁

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The one I posted was in 1987. I saw it live on tv. Did you? The second one? No idea. Obviously after and probably milking the attention that the original got. Politics eh! 

Well, someone's upset they've had another bubble burst.