Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Players that sound like D Day

RoadRunnerFan

Brill.

My grandad got shot on Omaha Beech this day 75yrs ago. He didn't die, fortunately, but he was there.

Let's take the piss by making childish names up........

I know I'm being over sensitive, but my Grandad was a hero, who was lucky to survive. So let's not be silly about this please.

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

Brill.

My grandad got shot on Omaha Beech this day 75yrs ago. He didn't die, fortunately, but he was there.

I know I'm being over sensitive, but my Grandad was a hero, who was lucky to survive. So let's not be silly about this please.

Nobody is, I had a relative who was lucky enough to be put straight back on a boat after being shot.  Sounds a bit daft that, but he was luckier than some of the others God bless.

Super Poppy Taylor

7 hours ago, Sweep said:

That certainly was not my intention in starting the topic, think the reasoning is pretty clear in the first post, you do appear to acknowledge this to be fair. Nobody has posted anything offensive.

You've been around here much longer than me, so certainly long enough to remember when Behind The Stands was more than the current relentless grind of political bickering.

To provide some context, my grandad, who I am named after, was killed in Burma in March 1944. My mum was 4 and has no recollection of him. So I don't think the war is funny either. I did think something like this, on which we are all on the same side, might provide a bit of light relief from the Brexit, Trump, Politics and Tommy Robinson threads. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

30 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

That certainly was not my intention in starting the topic, think the reasoning is pretty clear in the first post, you do appear to acknowledge this to be fair. Nobody has posted anything offensive.

You've been around here much longer than me, so certainly long enough to remember when Behind The Stands was more than the current relentless grind of political bickering.

To provide some context, my grandad, who I am named after, was killed in Burma in March 1944. My mum was 4 and has no recollection of him. So I don't think the war is funny either. I did think something like this, on which we are all on the same side, might provide a bit of light relief from the Brexit, Trump, Politics and Tommy Robinson threads. 

Bollocks.... 

No way there was a Private Road Runner in WW2

I don't think anyone has been taking the piss on this thread mate, it's WWays mark of respect in the weird world in which we live

3 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Bollocks.... 

No way there was a Private Road Runner in WW2

I don't think anyone has been taking the piss on this thread mate, it's WWays mark of respect in the weird world in which we live

Exactly the type of stuff Id like to see more of again on here. 

Bravo sir! 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

8 hours ago, Sweep said:

Brill.

My grandad on my mum’s side was also in Dunkirk and survived.

Anyway, he’s just told me from the other side to stop being a puff and a Nazi and chipped in from Overdale with Dietar Hermann Goering :D

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Sweep said:

Brill.

Mine Sweep

• Site Supporter

Would never disrespect those brave men & women... heroes the lot of them. I also doubt there's any poster on here who feels differently. This is just old skool WWays humour, something that has got a bit lost amongst the constant bickering of late.