Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Expectation/ Hopes for next season

Okocha10

A bit of unity is all I ask. 

No more bickering, no more negativity, no more trying to lose every game 1-0, no more 5k gates and soulless home games watching 11 spazmos boot the ball out of play while everyone watches the clock waiting to go home. 

Let get them motherfucking 12 points, some great away trips and do it all together with some positivite football and mindsets.

Lets throw the kitchen sink at it, play every game like it’s 3rd round cup tie. 

Weve got fuck all to lose, we haven’t got time to be pissing about with ten men behind the ball. We need points and need them fast. 

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

With Bury being the state they are in there's one team would could say we should finish above, Coventry also being in a state.

Think there will be more troubles with other clubs throughout the season.

Coventry had a cracking finish to last season, apart from the ground issue they haven’t lost any players to my knowledge 

25 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Coventry had a cracking finish to last season, apart from the ground issue they haven’t lost any players to my knowledge 

Your probably right with Coventry having looked more into it, thought Sisu had left them more in a mess for next season.

• Site Supporter

I'll be happy with not getting absolutely spanked every week by the likes of Tranmere.

Realistically, we know it's going to be a miracle if we stay up, but a side showing some fight and heart will be a nice change.

Seige mentality can be a powerful thing though, so a manager that can introduce that may just pull off something special.

Right now, tight defeats would probably be our best bet.

43 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

i just dont want a rancid, angry atmosphere. thats worse that anything that ever happens on the pitch.

Agreed. The away game at Wigan was a particularly low point last year.

20 minutes in at Wycombe and we're two down, I'll be hoping for gallows humour and non stop backing of the side. If folk start kicking off like self indulgent brats it could set a toxic atmosphere for the season

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Agreed. The away game at Wigan was a particularly low point last year.

20 minutes in at Wycombe and we're two down, I'll be hoping for gallows humour and non stop backing of the side. If folk start kicking off like self indulgent brats it could set a toxic atmosphere for the season

I always think there's something very un lancastrian about those who get angry about the wanderers. 

Lancashire folk have always dealt with bad news and disappointment by taking the piss and having a laugh.