Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Other football shirts you own.

Underpants

Umpteen  when I was younger but still in the house are;

Argentina away

Roma home and away

Milan home

Ranngers home

Inverness Caledonian  (swapped it with a local on the 94 tour)

The stripey anniversary Wanderers one

Somewhere there is an old Bury shirt too. I used to play in a 5 a side team with Bury lads and they'd picked up a job lot during the time before lasts fundraising bucket shaking episode

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

I've seen pictures I think I'd explode if I saw it in the flesh.

My mate who I drag to deansgate has no interest in footy so probably helps me not spend all my money by being not impressed by anything I show him

I'm taking credit for them doing an exhibition: told them it's like an aladins cave... The staff thought I was mental

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Don't want this to across wrong way pal, but surely can't be a Palace kit made by Umbro; they didn't hold that contract then http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Crystal_Palace/Crystal_Palace.htm

Kit geek here

Fuck knows, that's why I put "iirc" :)

It was a long time ago that's for sure. Seem to remember the works manager's wife getting them from somewhere in Manchester; old stock or something.

You've got me thinking now- will have a look at it later!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Happy Wanderer said:

Fuck that wearing other teams shirts.

Bolton and England for me and proud to wear both (not at the same time) 👍

What about my old college shirt from university times. Proud of that shirt, also great quality. I outgrew it and the wife took to wearing it as a base layer!

Bwfc + England  thats it although I do have a Ghanian flag which I bought in Dortmund in the 2006 WC just to support the vastly outnumbered ones as they were up against Brazil who won 3-1 have to say never rated Ronaldo until that game his speed over 10 yards was awesome & didnt miss anything .Scored two that day.He was the difference between the teams.Digression over

Edited by Take Hunt Off

9 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Bwfc + England  thats it although I do have a Ghanian flag which I bought in Dortmund in the 2006 WC just to support the vastly outnumbered ones as they were up against Brazil who won 3-1 have to say never rated Ronaldo until that game his speed over 10 yards was awesome & didnt miss anything .Scored two that day.He was the difference between the teams.Digression over

In a similar vein, I went to watch Barcelona the same year (scarf only, no shirt) and always thought Ronaldinho was just a show pony but when seeing him in the flesh it was surprising how high his work rate was. 

10 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

Don't want this to across wrong way pal, but surely can't be a Palace kit made by Umbro; they didn't hold that contract then http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Crystal_Palace/Crystal_Palace.htm

Kit geek here

ignore that pal :D

Here’s an Umbro Palace shirt from the 70’s....

https://www.bromleytimes.co.uk/football-2-3810/crystal-palace/crystal-palace-kits-through-the-ages-1-3258576

Edited by miamiwhite

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Now that you've mentioned flags. I've still got an American flag. A Japanese flag. And a Soviet Union flag. Top quality flags from my time on work experience at the Crest Hotel. I only worked there for a week. Naughty Undies.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

And Bukta who made the palace kit in the early 90s are also from Stockport

The plot thickens

My gran used to be friends with Edith Buck who owned the firm and she used to give me a free shirt every year. Never wore it near a naked flame. 

hUMphrey BROthers originated in the Manchester/Stockport area

One of the guys behind Bukta set up Front Runner in Gilnow Mill, had contracts with Bradford, and weirdly Seville, Betis, Valladolid... Pictures of Valderama, Maradona etc in their shirts. Lost a load of dough under Spanish © laws... Ended up giving me bespoke kits based on what material they had! Loved that, thanks mam 😂