Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Other football shirts you own.

Underpants

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think football shirts are on the way back. Currently only for playing in. I project for n 2-3 years it will be ok to wear shirts out again. Not Modern tat but retros. Other than Bolton I now own:

an Italy shirt 

Lazio despite liking inter since the 3 Germans 

HSV

dortmund (I don’t favver Dortmund)

im trying to buy at 1860 Munich shirt currently but it’s hard work finding the one I want.

I don't even wear my Wanderers ones...

The only one I've ever worn regularly (in the past) was a 100% cotton 'retro' Mexico '86 number 10 Argentina shirt I bought about twenty odd years ago from RipRap, when I used to go in frequently to leer at that tall blonde whom DazBob informed me was known at the time as 'Mad' Kate..

The girlfriend at the time bought me a retro Roma top of the same ilk but I only wore that around the house and in her presence because I hate 'V' necks and have no feeling whatsoever for Roma.

I've two unworn modern replicas - a Brazil 'Kaka' one and a more recent Argentina 'Messi' one...Bought solely as they were a bargain and I'm a cheapskate.

I might take to photoshop (for provenance) and then forge signatures on 'em to sell them on for a pretty penny. 😉

8 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I don't even wear my Wanderers ones...

The only one I've ever worn regularly (in the past) was a 100% cotton 'retro' Mexico '86 number 10 Argentina shirt I bought about twenty odd years ago from RipRap, when I used to go in frequently to leer at that tall blonde whom DazBob informed me was known at the time as 'Mad' Kate..

The girlfriend at the time bought me a retro Roma top of the same ilk but I only wore that around the house and in her presence because I hate 'V' necks and have no feeling whatsoever for Roma.

I've two unworn modern replicas - a Brazil 'Kaka' one and a more recent Argentina 'Messi' one...Bought solely as they were a bargain and I'm a cheapskate.

I might take to photoshop (for provenance) and then forge signatures on 'em to sell them on for a pretty penny. 😉

Made Jane, not Kate iirc.

FFS Mad Jane

Edited by DazBob

She was a maid as well as a mad fucker and RipRap's main draw then? You speled it wrong btw.

I did know of a similarly mad girl called Kate at the time - hence the confusion.

I blame Zoe Ball et al for this proliferation of mad girls during that era.

I always thought I'd invite mad Jane along to a night when I had a (as DJ) residency in Manchester and take it from there, I reckoned she was at least a couple of years older and pretty unapproachable but I thought being Bolton's answer to Joey Beltram might swing it for me...😀

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Only a couple of England ones, the red 2006 away shirt and the home one with Davies on the back after he made his debut. 😂

In the past I’ve had a few though

Juventus H with Inzaghi 9 on the back

Barcelona H

Athletico Madrid A

Portugal A

France H goalkeeper

Russia H

Inter Milan H

Roma 3rd

Couple of old England H shirts from the early 2000s, one had Gerrard 4 on the back, I think the other had Lampard 8 

On 27/06/2019 at 11:59, ZicoKelly said:

I'd rather wear an Argie shirt than a Rangers shirt

that said, I had the half white, half red away top when I was a kid, I also had an everton goalie top, not sure what I was thinking

in my adult life think I've only had Lazio and Bordeuax after watching both at home

2Q==

Disgraceful, my uncle was a stanch Motherwell fan born and bred but when they played ‘the Gers’ he was a Billy Boy, a royal marine during WW2 but his bread was buttered correctly

8 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Disgraceful, my uncle was a stanch Motherwell fan born and bred but when they played ‘the Gers’ he was a Billy Boy, a royal marine during WW2 but his bread was buttered correctly

So not that staunch, then? Although, by definition, I suppose he was. 

Loads of old Bolton tops, but rarely wear them now as I don't do 5 a side any more. And keeping football tops in a bag in the wardrobe makes them all go tight round the gut area for some reason I haven't fathomed.

Only non-Bolton one is a Dortmund top bought in their club shop when we took the nipper over to see them as a long-promised birthday treat.

On 28/06/2019 at 23:00, bolton va va said:

Still got the England shirt from when Gazza cried ( Italy  ? ) though it seems to have shrunk a bit . I've seen it in shops described as vintage .

& an O Marseille shirt cos i like Marseille,

If it is an original, and not the mass produced '19' shirt in the last throes of umbro's England days, then yes its vintage