Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who you want to see sign. (Realistically)

Mounts Kipper

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it's just that top quality goalscorers are expensive and we've not had enough money to buy one (except maybe the first season after we got relegated).

I don't agree, it's about having a manager who thinks a goalscorer is an integral part of the team. ALF and Oz  are the obvious examples, but how many others strikers like those picked up by Wigan, bury, Fleetwood etc woukd have signed for us if we had actually wanted them instead of Donaldson or Wilbraham? And how about occasionally, just occasionally, signing a midfielder that us capable of shooting? And we wonder why we can go a whole month without a shot on target.

3 hours ago, leadfrog1 said:

I'd do a massive trial of players because we need numbers, say every released championship player that hasn't found a club by now and then try and pick the best ones. Maybe do a wider search to include the Spanish, German, Italian and French 2nd divisions. 

Get the academy lads back Darcy, Duke, Navarro and Brockbank. 

L1 isn't a high level especially below the top 5/6.

The worst thing we could do is spend transfer money on players, because chances are they wouldn't be good enough to make the step up, when we get promoted. 

Guess it all depends on the ambition of the new ownership. I think we can aim for the playoffs, maybe higher, if they do the above. 

You do know we have at least a 12 point deduction? 

28 minutes ago, RatchetMan said:

You do know we have at least a 12 point deduction? 

It's the equivalent of four losses, teams get into the play offs with 20/25 losses and draws combined, i'm not saying it's going to be easy but people on here talk about it as if it's impossible... it isn't. People seem stuck in a losing mentality. 

1 minute ago, RatchetMan said:

The seasons a month away and the handful of players that are still left haven’t even started training yet. It’s highly likely that we will go down again

There's a massive gap between L1 and the Championship, you don't need anywhere the quality of player at this level. For example Wheater and Beavers were unbreakable at L1, they even scored a decent number of goals. In the Championship, the extra pace and skill made them look like a few guys playing footy after a booze up at the local.

I guess what I'm saying is there's lots of players good enough to play at this level, lots of players who will see Bolton as a gateway into the championship or higher. It all depends on our ambition or the ambition of the new owners.

11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If Parkinson is still in charge and you're a striker who is under 6ft 2 then you're probably going to consider options other than us.

Likewise, if you're a midfielder who likes to put his foot on the ball.

Definitely Parky and Parkin would be first out the door for me, seem like nice guys but totally not what we need right now. 

5 hours ago, leadfrog1 said:

I'd do a massive trial of players because we need numbers, say every released championship player that hasn't found a club by now and then try and pick the best ones. Maybe do a wider search to include the Spanish, German, Italian and French 2nd divisions. 

Get the academy lads back Darcy, Duke, Navarro and Brockbank. 

L1 isn't a high level especially below the top 5/6.

The worst thing we could do is spend transfer money on players, because chances are they wouldn't be good enough to make the step up, when we get promoted. 

Guess it all depends on the ambition of the new ownership. I think we can aim for the playoffs, maybe higher, if they do the above. 

It’s a shame we’ve not got a football manager game search engine and editor to help. 🙄

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

It’s a shame we’ve not got a football manager game search engine and editor to help. 🙄

No we only have 100s of agents trying to get their players into teams ahead of the new season, and people online keeping track of every player in England out of contract right now. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Footballs changed old man

57 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

No we only have 100s of agents trying to get their players into teams ahead of the new season, and people online keeping track of every player in England out of contract right now. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Footballs changed old man

It has and it’s now worse. 

Maybe you could get a job at the club because of your expertise😂

A little life lesson, if I’m an old man I’ll have already done your age. Mine is something for you to attain and being a lippy little cunt drastically reduces your odds of achieving that😉

2 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Surely in the time this takeover's taking, the prefered bidder or people working on their behalf will have sounded out potenial signings.

Hope any players sounded out aren't on the recommendation of Parkinson.