Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere

gonzo

Really gutted for these players, I hope this doesn’t knock the confidence six fold this defeat. It was inventiable we was going to smashed with the amount of games they are having to play, they should never have been put in this situation. 

Edited by Okocha10

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Completely agree with what this lad has put. 

Definitely should be called off. We're asking too much of these young lads. 

But I have no hope that the takeover will happen on Monday. We keep getting told how close it is, but it never seems to happen.

It could hinder all these young lads devolpment getting smashed each week its only going to get worse, shown with the injuries some of the lads are getting, they should be playing against lads who are there age, there’s no way they are ready for the amount of fixtures they are having to play. 

6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Difficult one but I agree with you we need to keep playing the games

Up until now we’ve not got any points reduction for the Brentford game, we don’t really want to push our luck and cancel anymore.   Anyhow, not a great result but we’re kicking balls about and that’ll do me.

3 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Up until now we’ve not got any points reduction for the Brentford game, we don’t really want to push our luck and cancel anymore.   Anyhow, not a great result but we’re kicking balls about and that’ll do me.

Aye don't think we're on a position to be pissing the EFL off

I say it’s upto the players and the coaching staff to decide. If the players can go on and it’s safe to do so then we go on. It’s shitty and we are going to league 2 but let’s keep our pride fulfil our games if safe to do so and continue to support the lads who pull on the shirt. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I say it’s upto the players and the coaching staff to decide. If the players can go on and it’s safe to do so then we go on. It’s shitty and we are going to league 2 but let’s keep our pride fulfil our games if safe to do so and continue to support the lads who pull on the shirt. 

Exactly, we soldier on.  I don’t do all this sympathetic stuff from other fans, I personally find it weak, I’d rather our club ride the storm and come out the other side with shoulders high.   If we can put a team out we should, then one day at Wembley we can tell the grandkids with a tear in our eye that our young team and we fans fought for us to be here.   Rough with the smooth.

Even if these kids never ultimately make a career for themselves in professional football (and some clearly will) their names will always be remembered at Bolton Wanderers. 

We do need to keep fulfilling the fixtures. Its horrible on days like today against teams with whom we have a rivalry. But there's a pulse, we're breathing and on we go.

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Even if these kids never ultimately make a career for themselves in professional football (and some clearly will) their names will always be remembered at Bolton Wanderers. 

We do need to keep fulfilling the fixtures. Its horrible on days like today against teams with whom we have a rivalry. But there's a pulse, we're breathing and on we go.

In one! 

I much prefer talking to you on this thread! :)