Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tranmere

gonzo

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

In one! 

I much prefer talking to you on this thread! :)

Saturday afternoons are for the football, Kent. Even if for a while now there's not been too much to savour by 5pm. It'll make the rewards all the sweeter when our trajectory rises once more. Just have to grit  it out.

Assuming the plan goes ahead - takeover then sign a bunch of experienced players / put out a competitive team - there's a strong argument that anyone playing us now has an unfair advantage.

Obviously, we all know we'll get a handful of knackered has-beens and still not manage a shot on goal ... but the EFL don't know that.

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

We’ve no choice, so just be happy we’re still here,  it’ll make a few soppy fans stronger and less negative in future

Absolute bollocks this isn't a case of making some fans more realistic or hardened to our situation. We know our situation, it's still on the precipice of not existing. We need salvation and we need it now.

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Absolute bollocks this isn't a case of making some fans more realistic or hardened to our situation. We know our situation, it's still on the precipice of not existing. We need salvation and we need it now.

I didn’t say ‘It’s a case of making fans more realistic’, I said it will.   Bassini has just wasted a load of our time in court in the last couple of weeks, I have no doubts there’s things going on behind the scenes, we’re just riding the storm we’re in that’s all.   Perhaps we’d be in a different situation had Bassini not slowed things down, but he has and we are where we are.  It’s going to take time, we all seem to know that, so thinking it can be done overnight is ludicrous.

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

It cannot be allowed to continue, if we can’t put a team consisting mainly of senior pros we shouldn’t be allowed to continue to play a bunch of kids, we should be kicked out of the league. 

Its just until the sale goes through; I think the Bassini involvement would have made no difference as they are waiting the outcome of the hotel. Once its through we will get some recruits in ASAP. I agree if it goes on more than a couple more weeks though but it shouldn't 

3 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Its just until the sale goes through; I think the Bassini involvement would have made no difference as they are waiting the outcome of the hotel. Once its through we will get some recruits in ASAP. I agree if it goes on more than a couple more weeks though but it shouldn't 

It’s a big If it goes through, and even if it does where are we gonna get senior pros from? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

They are playing 90 minutes football not going over the top.

Need to take a little emotion out of it. There’s not a safety issue here IMO, there are lads that are for as fleas.

Bit of a pain getting dry bummed every game, but there we are.

Let’s not forget it’s only a week since getting a point and keeping a clean sheet. And even then we had a good do for 65 minutes on Tuesday night. That said, it’s only going to get worse having lads playing twice a week when they’re used to playing relatively low intensity games once a week on a Saturday and days like today are in danger of becoming the norm if things don’t move alongside sharpish. 

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Even if these kids never ultimately make a career for themselves in professional football (and some clearly will) their names will always be remembered at Bolton Wanderers. 

We do need to keep fulfilling the fixtures. Its horrible on days like today against teams with whom we have a rivalry. But there's a pulse, we're breathing and on we go.

Do us a favour Paul and put our 3-1 win at the dump on the you tube thread? Stuart Storers screamer in the last few minutes sending all the granada staff home in tears!

5 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Do us a favour Paul and put our 3-1 win at the dump on the you tube thread? Stuart Storers screamer in the last few minutes sending all the granada staff home in tears!

I don't have that one pal. I remember enjoying it at the time though. Our day will come again!