Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are We The Laughing Stock of The League?

Ruba Mustafa

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment from fans of clubs who’ve suffered a similar plight I don’t really care 

as for the burys / Wigan’s / Tranmeres of this world they only ever register when we’re at our worst and they’re at their best. Fucking irrelevant 

the rest don’t give a fuck as much as we don’t give a fuck about them

so, in summary, zero fucks given either way 

After hearing Wheater saying Bassini was telling them he was going to be a player and was going to sit next to the manager and that Bassini looked like he was on something (probably needs to be careful saying stuff like that), it could have been a lot worse in the laughing stock stakes.

On 04/07/2019 at 10:50, Leyther_Matt said:

Burnley’s issue is when, by hook or crook, they’re forced to rebuild Turf Moor. Costs a fortune, makes a dent in their playing budget, get relegated....

The corners are coming on nicely, wonder if they still have that huge, old telly in the away end? 

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:11, Duck Egg said:

I hope you're right.

15 years ago when we were cutting a swathe in the Prem, Burnley were struggling to stay up in the 3rd tier.  It's possible that in another 15 years we could swap places but I wonder if the multi millions around now might prevent that?  We're losing loads every year, while they're making huge profits.  

Anyway not wanting to rain on your positivity. COYFWM indeed

Aye, this is the issue. You could fairly argue that things not only come in cycles in football but that in fact they should. Keeps things fresh and teams can have their moment(s). Earlier in the year someone mentioned that there's been 49 different teams in the Premier League, and just having a quick look there's at least 30 others who have played at Championship level at some stage in that era. So in effect almost all the 92 have had their chance of some fun in the sun. But as the financial gap (including parachute payments) keeps getting so grotesque, will that be the case going forward?

17 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Aye, this is the issue. You could fairly argue that things not only come in cycles in football but that in fact they should. Keeps things fresh and teams can have their moment(s). Earlier in the year someone mentioned that there's been 49 different teams in the Premier League, and just having a quick look there's at least 30 others who have played at Championship level at some stage in that era. So in effect almost all the 92 have had their chance of some fun in the sun. But as the financial gap (including parachute payments) keeps getting so grotesque, will that be the case going forward?

Follow up statto question - I might well have fucked this up, but I reckon there are only two teams who have been ever present in the football league since the start of the Prem in 1992-23 season, but who have never played in the top two divisions in that time...

3 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

Follow up statto question - I might well have fucked this up, but I reckon there are only two teams who have been ever present in the football league since the start of the Prem in 1992-23 season, but who have never played in the top two divisions in that time...

Never played in the top two divisions since 1992-93? There's definitely more than 2 of them.  Bristol Rovers and Plymouth (?) as well as those already mentioned. Shrewsbury & Gillingham too

23 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Never played in the top two divisions since 1992-93? There's definitely more than 2 of them.  Bristol Rovers and Plymouth (?) as well as those already mentioned. Shrewsbury & Gillingham too

Gillingham and Plymouth both played in second tier, Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers both played in Comference

Gillingham were in the second tier with us under Sam

• Members
On 12/07/2019 at 20:21, Ruba Mustafa said:

Well if we weren't the laughing stock already then we certainly would be if Bassini got us after all his shenanigans 

:(

You need some optimism in your life son. Go buy a gross box of johnnies.

• Site Supporter

On the basis that you can't beat someone else's misfortunes I think that was the case a month ago. Now I think others might consider us a a turd that won't flush.

We won't go away, and we seem to be on the way , well, not exactly up, but still going, and I'm growing in confidence.

• Members
13 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Laughing Stock League Table

1. Bolton Wanderers

2. Newcastle Utd

3. Fleetwood Town

4. Bury

5. Coventry City

6. Man Utd

7. Chelsea

8. Macclesfield Town

9. Wigan Pathetic