Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Are We The Laughing Stock of The League?

Ruba Mustafa

Appreciate your response, thanks.

ive always had a soft spot for ur team, my dad was born near the old cigarette factory near Ashton gate and was an apprentice at Bristol city, he supported them all his life and I took him down to Wembley when u whupped us.

youve been around the lower leagues for as long as I can remember so you’re due a bit of success, hope it comes to both of us :) 

6 hours ago, GlynRiley said:

Morning all

Regularly read your forum to try and work out what is actually happening for you boys n girls.

Boy you’ve had some s*** the last few seasons

As Bristol City Fan middling years I have fond memories of various tussles with yourselves , and games over the years at all levels , including Wembley  

Great set of ‘proper’ football fans in all my experiences

Also met many lads , and the odd lass, who were Wanderers , trapping the World following England

All sound as a pound

Wanted to say I have everything crossed for you , you fans , and that some light begins to emerge

As for the rest of ‘The League laughing’ ....or indeed the Football World

My advice is there will always be ***** , especially on Social Media who will laugh and goad - The Football World And Supporters of all sorts I’ve spoken to , or read are in fact extremely sympathetic , and hopeful that things will turn around , or at least stop sliding

Please remember that -

I know at this **** time it won’t help much , you want to see some sign of future , but please don’t concern yourselves with ***** who follow other Clubs

The massive majority don’t laugh , they sympathise....

And the few who gloat

Many Of you won’t recall , but we nigh on went to the wall in 1982 , I went to what was to be our final game at Newport, we survived , just but slid from Div 1 - 4 , ended up playing 16/17 year olds and a few freebies and fell to the bottom of Div Four

Looking back the slow survival and then growth back (Ironically the Wembley game v you was probably a significant point) was one of the best and happiest periods of my 50 years of support, the hardcore fan base sticking by them and seeing a slow rebirth

Hang in there Boys n Girls, everything crossed for you

’Wanderers Till You Die’ 

Always

Cheers, much appreciated.

We also had some dark days in the 80s, but our current plight is darker still.

We'll be back one day!!

I have fond memories of days/nights on the piss in Bris, i had mates from Yate + Fulton.

Long since lost touch with the lads, but they were Bristol City fans and always up for a laugh and a jar or two!