Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

20 years of WanderersWays

Happy Wanderer

Tell you what, people on this site have done a lot of good stuff for charity etc over the years n all.

when I did my sleep out for the homeless loads contributed from here and it’s an ongoing thing that kind of support 

Very good-hearted folks in general 

Also “vile druggy thugs” so it’s perfect really :D

Edited by jules_darby

Blimey... 20 years

Congrats Happy

I joined towards the back end of Rivals

Then once it went indie i bet for the first 7 or 8 years i spent at least half of my working life chuckling my bollocks off going from thread to thread

Used to sit in my chair at work desperately trying not to piss myself pretending i was busy constantly thinking one day i would get rumbled

One of my early memories was someone posting a website with a hidden sunbed camera

Reckon i would get my front door knocked down at 5am if you were caught sharing that stuff

23 minutes ago, Bigtoe said:

Blimey... 20 years

Congrats Happy

I joined towards the back end of Rivals

Then once it went indie i bet for the first 7 or 8 years i spent at least half of my working life chuckling my bollocks off going from thread to thread

Used to sit in my chair at work desperately trying not to piss myself pretending i was busy constantly thinking one day i would get rumbled

One of my early memories was someone posting a website with a hidden sunbed camera

Reckon i would get my front door knocked down at 5am if you were caught sharing that stuff

Ha ha fuck yeah. Christ I’ve forgotten so much stuff 

This place got me in big trouble when I worked at the council. 

Used to have it open all day in a browser window and flick between here and actual work. 

12 hour shifts sat on here is what my (Burnley supporting) assistant director accused me of. 

If I had a brain I'd just have stuck to browsing on my phone. 

Only been on here the last 4 years

Watched from afar for many a year and met people at aways who told me to join as they were on it. Wish I knew who they were

Went through a really shit period in my life and the stuff on here used to make me smile so I thought “Fuck it” and joined in. Never regretted it

As jules says it’s the stuff that people do for others that’s fucking amazing

Only a JCL on here really so referring to what jules said my two big moments were the support for Mike Hunt’s daughter and the support for mine, and her website, after her suicide attempt. Her amazement at the support from random Wanderers will always live with me and her

Yup - been a long time, started on rivals as Normid, like others have said got me through my first job after uni inputting exam data! 

Best moment for me was the support on here when I did the Manchester half, I only know Kent in person so it was really touching to raise so much from everyone on here. Thank you again.

Here’s to the next 20! 

The Sportman's (sic) Dinners were legendary for their consumption. And raised a few quid for charity in the process. Happy days.

We once had a town centre night out meet-up. I donned what previously I felt was a "trendy" jacket for the night. Ani and Miami came up to me straight away to inform me it wasn't "Showaddywaddy" fancy dress. Twats. Thankfully Swanny was on the night out and took 99% of the flack - especially after Patrick Bateman asked the DJ to dedicate "Like A Virgin" to him in one of the bars on Bradshawgate.

When the club ran free coaches down to Arsenal for the FA Cup tie (was it on TV?) . Happy asked BWFC if we could just have a coach for Wayers. Amazingly enough they said yes. Dry coach but everyone was wankered when we got to London. Still got pictures of Brixton being a drooling mess on the way back.

• Site Supporter

I think I joined the morning we all queued up for Carling Cup Final (Boro) tickets. I got talking to someone in the queue and then used to spend all my days off work just pissing my sides and joining in the wind-ups.

Re: Kermit... I don't think I'd met LW yet when he admitted to wanking into a Kermit soft toy. The funniest bit though, was the genius Mod who swapped his aviator [sic] to the Kermit puppet spreading his own arse. I was howling. I really did think, "What the fuck?" but then, having met him, all the questions being raised were answered. Most of the folk off here I met at away games were as a result of LW's introductions. He'd drag me across a pub to them or them to me just to say, "This is MickyD"

There was once talk of having a discreet pin badge to identify ourselves. What happened to that? https://www.everythingbranded.co.uk/soft-enamel-badge-20mm?gclid=CjwKCAjwscDpBRBnEiwAnQ0HQJQqfBJNAxDhlh6zyJz9d-q7Voiy--lMPRisJj6WGN-l4vrM3MKOTRoCMRwQAvD_BwE

Cheap as chips and maybe a fund raiser.

THAT flag! Brought in some real crackpots.

Someone remind me which machine broke and the poster was advised to get a new flux capacitor.

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

I remember when every thread didn't descend into a miami/cheese/royal white bitch fest. 

They were fun times. 

To be fair, that only happens in a couple of threads. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I think I joined the morning we all queued up for Carling Cup Final (Boro) tickets. I got talking to someone in the queue and then used to spend all my days off work just pissing my sides and joining in the wind-ups.

Re: Kermit... I don't think I'd met LW yet when he admitted to wanking into a Kermit soft toy. The funniest bit though, was the genius Mod who swapped his aviator [sic] to the Kermit puppet spreading his own arse. I was howling. I really did think, "What the fuck?" but then, having met him, all the questions being raised were answered. Most of the folk off here I met at away games were as a result of LW's introductions. He'd drag me across a pub to them or them to me just to say, "This is MickyD"

There was once talk of having a discreet pin badge to identify ourselves. What happened to that? https://www.everythingbranded.co.uk/soft-enamel-badge-20mm?gclid=CjwKCAjwscDpBRBnEiwAnQ0HQJQqfBJNAxDhlh6zyJz9d-q7Voiy--lMPRisJj6WGN-l4vrM3MKOTRoCMRwQAvD_BwE

Cheap as chips and maybe a fund raiser.

THAT flag! Brought in some real crackpots.

Someone remind me which machine broke and the poster was advised to get a new flux capacitor.

He said he got his piss fetish by watching his grandma piss on the toilet. 

Think it was bigtoe that found a picture of a kid sat with his nan and a Kermit toy saying where it all began :D

haha

was having a search but cant see it - though kermit is mentioned many times

just seen a thread about strange things you shagged

someone mentions they knew someone who wanked off a barn owl because it needed cheering up

and zicos mate fingered a cat

i was crying at the owl comment