Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

20 years of WanderersWays

Happy Wanderer

Today sees WanderersWays turn 20 years.

Back then in 1999 the internet wasn’t a big thing and certainly no BWFC sites existed. I’d like to think we have come a long way since those early days and thanks to you we have been successful in many fronts.

when I first set the site up it was published using Microsoft FrontPage if anyone remembers that? Then it was it was the turn of Dreamweaver for a while, then phpbb as the forum took off so that members could interact. Then another PHP content management software that allowed pages and a forum.

I was approached by Rivals.net back in 2001 and moved the site to them for a successful 3 years, however I took the bold step to be a fully independent site again. All members followed WanderersWays back again, this time using the software we still use today, which I must say is perhaps one of the best out there.

Many of you have been here since the humble beginnings and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all.

Ok so enough of my ramblings.....

Let’s listen to some of your standout moments over the years?

Over to you and keep it clean 🙄😂

• The topic was featured
  • Site Supporter

Clayton Powis is a racist.

Gonzo reeks of crime.

Didledee youtube channel

Diddledee walking round with a balloon

Diddledee taking penalties at his bin.

Swanny bumming his dog

The infamous camping trip.

• Site Supporter

Diddles has loads.

When he did a load of kits one preseason and they were actually incredibly good.  The 'cleaner' at Reebok was a regular poster at the time and she said something like "Those are really good Diddles, you have a real talent, do you want a job in our kit design department" - Diddles "no, fuck off"

Edited by barryk32

Budgies in the Arndale

someone shouting dogfucker at Swanny as he walked through town

sportsmans dinners

southampton away (one on coach another driving)

any night in Moathouse  

Keyser Sosse  

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Happy Wanderer said:

I was approached by Rivals.net back in 2001 and moved the site to them for a successful 3 years, however I took the bold step to be a fully independent site again. All members followed WanderersWays back again, this time using the software we still use today, which I must say is perhaps one of the best out there.

must've been before 2001 no?

I did the Ipswich fans wind up on Rivals and that was in 00

reckon I signed up late 99 or early 00 - or was there someone else running the rivals Bolton platform before you?  I always thought it was you running it on rivals from the day I joined

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

George being a heavy cummer, with poor directional control

and being able to tell what the brasses had for their dinner by sticking his nose/tongue up their arse

think on that occasion he concluded it was cheese and onion pasties

• Moderators

Jazza's trying to decide whether to go and meet his Romanian webcam girlfriend

Linda From Leven:

seem to recall a Jazza meltdown which coincided with some "live" thread where he plouged his way through a 24 pack of ale in around 3 hours posting his thoughts along the way 

what other online / real life crossover meltdown's have we had? seem to remember someone like "Dutch White" getting lost in some fantasy online world inside his head which played out on here

Edited by ZicoKelly