Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

• Site Supporter

If folk haven't noticed the latest site news, happy has created wanderersways first 'club forum' entitled gardenersways!

Anyone with questions, information and any garden related interest, please join up: just request and I'll add as a member.

Various sections to contribute to, including money saving ideas; an ideal place to share tips, experiences etc for all green fingered folk.

• The topic was pinned

Posted about it before but my back lawn has been infected by this ...

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=348

some crazy fuckin super weed nicknamed mind you’re own buisness. 

Ive tried to isolate it, dig it up and put fresh top soil and seed down and the mother fuckin stuff has appeared again and eaten everything in its path.

no idea how to stop it 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Posted about it before but my back lawn has been infected by this ...

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=348

some crazy fuckin super weed nicknamed mind you’re own buisness. 

Ive tried to isolate it, dig it up and put fresh top soil and seed down and the mother fuckin stuff has appeared again and eaten everything in its path.

no idea how to stop it 

Fuck it all off and put down some plastic shit mate, tis the future. :D

Shite.

That said, my tiny plot in the front of our house is a right old mess. It would look good with proper good stuff rather than 1980's astroturf

My Mares/Horses Tail has come back with a vengeance this year, I've grafted on my front lawn and the shithouse stuff won't go.  It seems Breightmet is chocka block with the stuff, seen it in loads of gardens, bloody nightmare, next to Japanese Knotweed In the rankings.  No chance of getting shut unfortunately.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

My Mares/Horses Tail has come back with a vengeance this year, I've grafted on my front lawn and the shithouse stuff won't go.  It seems Breightmet is chocka block with the stuff, seen it in loads of gardens, bloody nightmare, next to Japanese Knotweed In the rankings.  No chance of getting shut unfortunately.

Selective weedkiller nobbles it perfectly fine. Mecoprop seems to be the ingredient that does the work.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unpinned