Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big Money

ohjimmyjimmy

Afternoon All

Random question to throw out but looking for some advise.

Just received our holiday money for Spain, and we've got several 100 Euro notes

Can anyone advise if these are readily accepted, in restaurants supermarkets etc?

Just seems a big note, wondering if some places will be funny about it?

19 minutes ago, ohjimmyjimmy said:

Afternoon All

Can anyone advise if these are readily accepted, in restaurants supermarkets etc?

The one hundred euro note (€100) is one of the higher value euro banknotes and has been used since the introduction of the euro (in its cash form) in 2002.[7] The note is used daily by some 343 million Europeans and in the 23 countries which have it as their sole currency (with 22 legally adopting it).[8] In May 2019, there were approximately 2,873,000,000 hundred euro banknotes in circulation in the eurozone. It is the third most widely circulated denomination, accounting for 12.7% of the total banknotes.[9]

2 hours ago, ohjimmyjimmy said:

Afternoon All

Can’t speak about Spain but I’ve had similar problems in CZ. A 2000CZK note is often issued at cash dispensers. (About £71) Try to get rid at restaurants or similar.  It’s the same as  a £50 note here. Smaller businesses are reluctant to accept them.

Never had problems with 100 Euro notes. I worked for a Russian a few years back who paid us all in 500 euro notes, none of the airports took them, Lloyds and Barclays wouldn’t I ended up getting rid through a friend of the in laws who worked at farnworth post office. He then ended up with a massive bollocking and put on a warning 😂

16 minutes ago, royal white said:

Never had problems with 100 Euro notes. I worked for a Russian a few years back who paid us all in 500 euro notes, none of the airports took them, Lloyds and Barclays wouldn’t I ended up getting rid through a friend of the in laws who worked at farnworth post office. He then ended up with a massive bollocking and put on a warning 😂

Wasn’t putin was it? 😂

On 26/07/2019 at 21:30, royal white said:

Haha one of Trumps mates. Owner of Monaco FC. 

His Yacht was parked at the end of Nidri marina last time I was there with a big for sale sign on it, nice thing too. Not too sure anybody walking in that direction would be carring several hundred millions on them in suit cases.

2 hours ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

His Yacht was parked at the end of Nidri marina last time I was there with a big for sale sign on it, nice thing too. Not too sure anybody walking in that direction would be carring several hundred millions on them in suit cases.

Nidri! I’ve had a few decent nights there. I worked on his private island, Skorpios. Unreal it was. He’s just had delivery of his new yacht which is something else. 

23 minutes ago, royal white said:

Nidri! I’ve had a few decent nights there. I worked on his private island, Skorpios. Unreal it was. He’s just had delivery of his new yacht which is something else. 

Dan and Kate came on holiday with us a couple of years ago so we took them over to Skorpios in a boat and said 'That's where Royal White used to work' 😄😄

6 minutes ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

Dan and Kate came on holiday with us a couple of years ago so we took them over to Skorpios in a boat and said 'That's where Royal White used to work' 😄😄

Kinell I remember them telling me about that. Nice place ain’t it. 

Yes I think that would have been his old one as his new one has only just been built.