Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe vs Bolton

HomerJay

2 hours ago, smeghead83 said:

3-0 Wycombe. Our fans bitching at the hierarchy for not getting the game suspended for a later date on this very thread Saturday night.

Even though that would result in another points deduction, presumably, not to mention we'd probably lose anyway as we are talking about an away game with Parky in charge.  I'll take a 5-0 defeat as long as we play, to give ourselves another week till the Cov game, although admittedly I'm not 1 of the 1800 travelling.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Am I missing something?

the EFL have said the game is going ahead, the tickets are sold, why wouldn’t this be on??

Whew the EFL was asked yesterday If the deal is not done by weekend would the game definitely go a head they wouldn’t confirm it 

27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Am I missing something?

the EFL have said the game is going ahead, the tickets are sold, why wouldn’t this be on??

I’m with you on this. Surely any doubt and we went with Bury on Monday. They can’t be prepared to cancel again with less than 48 hours after the last hoo hah 

Apart from the deal not being finalised, it's getting a bit late for us to be able to put a vaguely competitive team together.

FWIW i think we'll  finish up cobbling up some team with a mix of the handful of players remaining & some u23's/yoof, who'll get pasted out of sight. Just having a club & being able to put a team on the pitch may have to be enough for now !!!

&   if any of the remaining players won't play, they'd be getting fucked off out of the club sharpish & would have a very,very,very long wait for any money owed to them.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Apart from the deal not being finalised, it's getting a bit late for us to be able to put a vaguely competitive team together.

FWIW i think we'll  finish up cobbling up some team with a mix of the handful of players remaining & some u23's/yoof, who'll get pasted out of sight. Just having a club & being able to put a team on the pitch may have to be enough for now !!!

&   if any of the remaining players won't play, they'd be getting fucked off out of the club sharpish & would have a very,very,very long wait for any money owed to them.

This. Absolutely this.

Perhaps I'm naive but I think we will have a respectable squad. Don't know the full list of who's been training with us but most of the names I heard sounded respectable. 

If we signed Ched Evans too I'd have us down as lower mid table. Which given we start on -12 I'd take all day.

12 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Wheater gone senior players not been paid refusing to travel to Wycombe LOV reporting 

They hadn't been paid as of half an hour ago. Hoping the latest news solves that and we can at least bring some new faces in. Fuck anyone who played for us last season.