Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe vs Bolton

HomerJay

Proud as punch. Never used to leave a game early but a couple of games in the last few years I’ve seen enough (1 hour of Burton away springs to mind).

Even if we were 10-0 down you couldn’t have dragged me away before the end. The two young lads behind me criticising Brown for ‘not trying’ need not bother coming again, every other fan top drawer, can’t remember enjoying a defeat so much!

I'm proud of my club, my fellow fans and my town today. Result was irrelevant but the fact I went into half time thinking "maybe" is surely a thing?

Stranded in Wycombe now till half 7 but chuffed with the day, there's life in this taking 200 to premier league away games dog yet.

Edited by Marc505

On 02/08/2019 at 17:50, Steejay said:

Well done to all those Bolton fans who travelled to AP today.  I hope that you enjoyed your day despite the result.  Really pleasing to see applause from the away end when the first goal went in - true sportsmanship.  I hope that your famous club regains its former status very soon and thank each and every one of you for helping to make this day special for our club.

Keepers make mistakes, they all do, Matthews is still young for a keeper and I'd much rather keep him than Alnwick, as another poster said, he's probably on a fraction of Alnwick's wages.

Edited by Blondi

Just got back. Fantastic support from our fans, non stop racket, even their manager applauded us at the end. It just felt great to be amongst our own people supporting our own club. Wycombe is a great ground for a visiting supporter with the beer tent & barby, the crack before the game was brilliant. Special mention must go to the fans and staff Wycombe Wanderers FC who were first class from start to finish- nice little club they’ve got there.

55 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Almost certainly the ale, but I'm on a train back to Birmingham drinking on my tod and can't help but well up when I see some of the images from today 

You know, when we were safe and secure in Premier League taking nothing numbers away (and I include myself in that) I totally underestimated what it was all about. 

Stood amongst my brothers and sisters today, shouting until it hurt. And there was shit loads of us. This is what is means, we're alive.

I fucking love you all.

I'm on date night with the Mrs. Just shown her this after she got back from the bogs and she said even she is welling up. 

Top stuff! 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Almost certainly the ale, but I'm on a train back to Birmingham drinking on my tod and can't help but well up when I see some of the images from today 

You know, when we were safe and secure in Premier League taking nothing numbers away (and I include myself in that) I totally underestimated what it was all about. 

Stood amongst my brothers and sisters today, shouting until it hurt. And there was shit loads of us. This is what is means, we're alive.

I fucking love you all.

Holy shit - this is amazing. Perfectly summed up. 

Today brought out the best in all of us!