Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

16 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

This season shut at least 2 upper tiers 

Agreed. Close em and cover the seats with absolutely gigantic adverts tarpaulins like Wigan have. Fuck it, bring the money in then move them when they need filling in Checkatrade Northern Final...

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Agreed. Close em and cover the seats with absolutely gigantic adverts tarpaulins like Wigan have. Fuck it, bring the money in then move them when they need filling in Checkatrade Northern Final...

Should of been shut for years

if demand is there open up simple

Many teams do it 

• Moderators
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Should of been shut for years

if demand is there open up simple

Many teams do it 

Fair enough but need a plan to accommodate folk who have to move

Can't just stick em in the shit seats

11 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I really can't see a finance company risking paying BWFC up front for a few thousand S/Ts. 

It can be done in-house (with the assistance of Ticketmaster) and the club just receives the money directly from the fan without any need for a finance company to get all involved, although even then they might fancy the risk and drip feed the money through to the club as it comes in.  

Closing the upper tiers won’t save as much money as you’d think as there’s a baseline figure to open the stadium in the first place. Might save a couple of dozen stewards per game but that is quickly cancelled out if a handful of fans decide they won’t renew rather than sit elsewhere, especially as they pay a premium compared to us lower tier paupers.  

Surely 1 of the East/West uppers could be kept open.  My neighbours have had the same seats in the East Upper since the stadium opened, and booked their hotel for Wycombe weeks ago, I'd feel sorry for people like that having to sit with the not-rights, in their 70s and 80s.  No disrespect to the not-rights.  Nobody suggested shutting stands at Burnden when we had 1500 season ticket holders.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Surely 1 of the East/West uppers could be kept open.  My neighbours have had the same seats in the East Upper since the stadium opened, and booked their hotel for Wycombe weeks ago, I'd feel sorry for people like that having to sit with the not-rights, in their 70s and 80s.  No disrespect to the not-rights.  Nobody suggested shutting stands at Burnden when we had 1500 season ticket holders.

No room for sentiment. I'm sure there are ST holders in WSU who have been there all the time too. We need to do what's good for the club, not what's good for the mates who has had the same ESU seats since 1997, it really doesn't have a bearing on things.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

No room for sentiment. I'm sure there are ST holders in WSU who have been there all the time too. We need to do what's good for the club, not what's good for the mates who has had the same ESU seats since 1997, it really doesn't have a bearing on things.

No room for getting rid of fans unnecessarily either.  We need every fan we can, and if that meant opening a stand for 500 people what's wrong with that?  They might even bring a friend sometimes.  There are enough excuses to stop going at the moment, why give people another?  An absolute guarantee is shutting a stand will reduce crowds, it wont increase them.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

No room for getting rid of fans unnecessarily either.  We need every fan we can, and if that meant opening a stand for 500 people what's wrong with that?  They might even bring a friend sometimes.  There are enough excuses to stop going at the moment, why give people another?  An absolute guarantee is shutting a stand will reduce crowds, it wont increase them.

Anyone who stops going because they can't sit in their favourite seat can fuck off. I was displaced from my long-term seat in the WSL a couple of seasons ago. I didn't threaten to stop going, I just went and picked a decent seat.