Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Spider said:

There isn’t a single “shit” seat at our stadium.

I wouldn't want to sit any further down than the back few rows of a lower tier, particularly behind the goals

Anyway, west upper for me and I'll pay for it up front, just to help out with cash flow like

51 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Leeds & villa did it for many season 

Like I said, Micky mouse. 

Bit different. They’ve got huge grounds. We ain’t. 

Last time this was up for debate I spoke to some bloke at the club. He said they’d never even thought about it, but that cock Illes has started it all with some bullshit poll in the BEN and this bloke was running around like a loon trying to put out fires that weren’t there. 

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Like I said, Micky mouse. 

Bit different. They’ve got huge grounds. We ain’t. 

Last time this was up for debate I spoke to some bloke at the club. He said they’d never even thought about it, but that cock Illes has started it all with some bullshit poll in the BEN and this bloke was running around like a loon trying to put out fires that weren’t there. 

I think Tin pot is having stands with nobody In them 

I would like to know the costs for operating a top tier though 

This season is going to be bloody hard won’t be like last time out in league one averaging 15k it will be sparse at times

I know it's a bit of a crank thing but surely it costs more to operate a lower tier because of policing ?

We already shut the lower for most away fans so most cost effective thing would be to close the bottom all the way around?

Side effect of that would be I didn't have to move I suppose 😎

4 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I know it's a bit of a crank thing but surely it costs more to operate a lower tier because of policing ?

We already shut the lower for most away fans so most cost effective thing would be to close the bottom all the way around?

Side effect of that would be I didn't have to move I suppose 😎

Wasn’t that so Anderson could charge top dollar to away fans, sell the top first 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It can be done in-house (with the assistance of Ticketmaster) and the club just receives the money directly from the fan without any need for a finance company to get all involved, although even then they might fancy the risk and drip feed the money through to the club as it comes in.  

Closing the upper tiers won’t save as much money as you’d think as there’s a baseline figure to open the stadium in the first place. Might save a couple of dozen stewards per game but that is quickly cancelled out if a handful of fans decide they won’t renew rather than sit elsewhere, especially as they pay a premium compared to us lower tier paupers.  

Cheers.

Someone with genuine knowledge.

Leave the ground as it is.

5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Don't think so because a lot of them only got allocations that would fit in the top so there was no intention to ever sell the bottom. 

That’s why he put them in the top so he could charge £5 more per ticket, if the demand was there they would of opened the bottom. 

You might well be right, I always took it he would have charged £__ regardless of where they sat and so if they got say 1500 allocated then it was cheaper to do it in the top. Thought same thinking meant we ended up in the top at Bramall Lane but again I could well be talking bollocks.

11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

You might well be right, I always took it he would have charged £__ regardless of where they sat and so if they got say 1500 allocated then it was cheaper to do it in the top. Thought same thinking meant we ended up in the top at Bramall Lane but again I could well be talking bollocks.

Don’t they have to charge no more than the equivalent seat in the home end ?

14 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Mines just arrived in the post with an apology letter for the Brentford game and two free away tickets for Wycombe. 

Nice touch. 

That good👍

I have three which I pay for in one go, still waiting for any communication 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I think Tin pot is having stands with nobody In them 

I would like to know the costs for operating a top tier though 

This season is going to be bloody hard won’t be like last time out in league one averaging 15k it will be sparse at times

Be interesting to know for sure but I’m not having it that it makes economic sense to exclude your best paying customers. 

‘I’d like an Aston Martin please.’

‘Fuck off, you can have a Fiesta’

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Be interesting to know for sure but I’m not having it that it makes economic sense to exclude your best paying customers. 

‘I’d like an Aston Martin please.’

‘Fuck off, you can have a Fiesta’

Not saying can’t sit in upper tier, just move into one west or east just a like for like isn’t it 

Regulation is this

No Club shall charge higher admission prices for visiting supporters for accommodation that is ranked as comparable with or inferior to that used by supporters of the Home Club in the same or next highest ranked accommodation. 

Covered seats behind the goals are ranked as 2 (regardless of tier).

Got that far but after that I got confused thinking about it and went and did a brew.

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not saying can’t sit in upper tier, just move into one west or east just a like for like isn’t it 

Maybe. They did it for the FA cup. 

I think there might be enough grumpy gits like me around to not make it worth the risk