Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, Ani said:

Just rang to sort mine and tickets for next two home games. 

Mentioned to woman in ticket office how good staff have been over last few months. 

Her reply......’Well we all love the club.’ 

Went down yesterday too, to get sunlun and Oxford tickets. Didn't know then that season tickets would be available today!

Anyway, chatting to a cracking young lady who talked about how much they'd been impressed by the new lot. Met them all etc.

She never met ken once, but informed us his son would stroll about the shop like he owned the fucking place. Also said no one is allowed to utter the word "ken". :)

10 year old nephew lives in Lincoln and his Dad brings him to a couple of home games a year (and meeting them at Rotherham).  I'm tempted to get him a season ticket at those U12s prices.  If nothing else it saves the hassle of buying the individual match tickets at Christmas etc, and guarantees sitting together.  And gets him the title of being a BWFC season ticket holder!  I expect loads of U12s tickets will be bought at £42, you'd only have to bring a kid to 5 games to make it worthwhile.  That's how season tickets bump up attendances, we wont have that luxury for the Oxford and Sunderland games, not expecting home crowds to get near double figures for those but every game from Blackpool should be much higher.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

10 year old nephew lives in Lincoln and his Dad brings him to a couple of home games a year (and meeting them at Rotherham).  I'm tempted to get him a season ticket at those U12s prices.  If nothing else it saves the hassle of buying the individual match tickets at Christmas etc, and guarantees sitting together.  And gets him the title of being a BWFC season ticket holder!  I expect loads of U12s tickets will be bought at £42, you'd only have to bring a kid to 5 games to make it worthwhile.  That's how season tickets bump up attendances, we wont have that luxury for the Oxford and Sunderland games, not expecting home crowds to get near double figures for those but every game from Blackpool should be much higher.

Couple of free upgrade games usually too. 

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Went down yesterday too, to get sunlun and Oxford tickets. Didn't know then that season tickets would be available today!

Anyway, chatting to a cracking young lady who talked about how much they'd been impressed by the new lot. Met them all etc.

She never met ken once, but informed us his son would stroll about the shop like he owned the fucking place. Also said no one is allowed to utter the word "ken". :)

He Kinda did though

About 2 weeks ago we effectively didn't have a club.  Even though the staff have stuck by us through thin and thin, its logical to assume not every single one of them have sat there since April not necessarily getting paid, waiting for this day when they could sell tickets again.  Hopefully for them some found alternative employment, and some will have been on temporary contracts anyway.  I reckon a bit of patience is in order and lets 'enjoy' the queue because we've been waiting for one for long enough.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

About 2 weeks ago we effectively didn't have a club.  Even though the staff have stuck by us through thin and thin, its logical to assume not every single one of them have sat there since April not necessarily getting paid, waiting for this day when they could sell tickets again.  Hopefully for them some found alternative employment, and some will have been on temporary contracts anyway.  I reckon a bit of patience is in order and lets 'enjoy' the queue because we've been waiting for one for long enough.

There were 3 open kiosks only. Plenty seemed to be doing stuff in the background.

I think you may well be right, and perhaps the numbers have put pressure on the system.

My account hasn't worked for ages so can't buy online. They supposedly fixed it yesterday, but it didn't work again, so had to go down. Was advised to come back in a couple of weeks when st sales had been finished, to sort the account.

Other folk in queue were having trouble on line. One lady got her husband's online but not her own!

Other folk were changing payment method etc.

Quite a lot to do I suppose, in a short time frame.

Cut them some slack for a while.