Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Also worth mentioning that, regardless of how many seats are empty on a match day, there really are precious few decent seats for people to move to when considering non-attending season ticket holders, especially if there in a group larger than two.

As mad as it might sound that is totally accurate, we moved last year and I was surprised at how few places there was to go that we fancied.

• Site Supporter
Just now, mickbrown said:

Indeed.

Why would I want to sit with these peasants😀

A genuine question; if you're finding it so shite at the moment (and it is) why don't you give it a break for a bit?

Don't have to have an enforced seat move to fuck it off for a bit. I did last season- genuinely got me down at times so did something else.

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have some sympathy for Mick, even if he does sound a bit soft about it.

Prefer it if FV just made the business case for closing sections. The atmosphere is dictated primarily by what's on the pitch. If they really want to improve that, then perhaps revisit the singing section idea for notrights.

Don’t have sympathy. Trust me, not spaffing 400 quid a year to watch that shite is no hardship. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A genuine question; if you're finding it so shite at the moment (and it is) why don't you give it a break for a bit?

Don't have to have an enforced seat move to fuck it off for a bit. I did last season- genuinely got me down at times so did something else.

I did last season. But I’ve paid for it, so feel I should go  

I’ll probably still go every now and again, but won’t be buying a season ticket for the lower tiers. 

2 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I’ll probably still go every now and again, but won’t be buying a season ticket for the lower tiers. 

I'm getting the word...…….

Stubborn 😁

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd be worried I'd find something else to do.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

that'great, you can join the opinionated ex wways club, inclusisive.

horwich massives

widnes

anew man

The only way I can see this working - the people in the upper tier (like me) prefer the good view - we'll get this in Row Z of the lower tier, but these are probably already all taken by lower tier season tickets.

They would have to have a clean slate and wipe ALL season ticket allocations including lower holders.   Then give people choice of seat based on how long they have been a season ticket holder.   I've had one 25 years - I should be able to decide to sit on the half way line at the back of the lower, even if someone is already there and has had a season ticket 3 years.

Or more simply, close 3 of the 4 upper tiers.  Keep the west upper open - seems an easy and cost effective solution.

16 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Yeah, keeping East Upper would be better, close the other 3.   What is wrong with that as a solution?

West Upper will be open to an extent anyway because of press access, and quite a bit of money has been spent on fitting out North Upper concourse over the years for the family section. Even with the upper tiers closed, a certain number of those stewards ‘saved’ will have to be retained downstairs to make sure nobody tries accessing the upper tiers via the internal stairs, so there’s some of the saving gone unless we moved in to the realms of closing entire stands. 

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

West Upper will be open to an extent anyway because of press access, and quite a bit of money has been spent on fitting out North Upper concourse over the years for the family section. Even with the upper tiers closed, a certain number of those stewards ‘saved’ will have to be retained downstairs to make sure nobody tries accessing the upper tiers via the internal stairs, so there’s some of the saving gone unless we moved in to the realms of closing entire stands. 

It's nothing to do with cost savings, according to the email...

We have already received feedback from supporters with varying opinions of whether the club should relocate supporters from the upper tiers to the lower tiers in order to create a more compact atmosphere at future fixtures.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

It's nothing to do with cost savings, according to the email...

We have already received feedback from supporters with varying opinions of whether the club should relocate supporters from the upper tiers to the lower tiers in order to create a more compact atmosphere at future fixtures.

Well that's a bag of bollocks.

The atmosphere at the start of the season before Keith was good because we could all see the effort and at times a level of competency amongst the kids. A lot of respect.

That continued briefly at the new manager bounce.

It's now shit because it's shit on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well that's a bag of bollocks.

The atmosphere at the start of the season before Keith was good because we could all see the effort and at times a level of competency amongst the kids. A lot of respect.

That continued briefly at the new manager bounce.

It's now shit because it's shit on the pitch.

In one. 

• Moderators

they should keep one tier open

or, anyone with a good seat in the lower tiers who thinks it's a good idea should move and let someone from the upper tiers have their seat

as for atmosphere

ok, first game they shut upper tiers, I'll bring a flag and one of those old school noisy rattles

Has anyone mentioned the weather?   A mate of ours moved from the lower to the upper because he was fed up of getting pissed wet through on rainy days and blinded by the sun on sunny days.    Both of which don't happen when you're under the roof on the upper.

I'm not sure what it's like in the lower but I know the upper is frequented by lots of people who are "getting on a bit" who don't like to get rained on.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

Has anyone mentioned the weather?   A mate of ours moved from the lower to the upper because he was fed up of getting pissed wet through on rainy days and blinded by the sun on sunny days.    Both of which don't happen when you're under the roof on the upper.

I'm not sure what it's like in the lower but I know the upper is frequented by lots of people who are "getting on a bit" who don't like to get rained on.

Cheeky fucker 😂