Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

• Moderators

The ESU needs to be open for LOV

The press can still sit in the WSU press boxes

You don't need the NSU to be the family stand, you could just as easily* make the first two blocks in the East/North corner the family bit

So if they insist, just keep ESU open

*I don't know how easy or difficult that will be

17 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

The ESU needs to be open for LOV

The press can still sit in the WSU press boxes

You don't need the NSU to be the family stand, you could just as easily* make the first two blocks in the East/North corner the family bit

So if they insist, just keep ESU open

*I don't know how easy or difficult that will be

Just dont put the little feckers in WSL please

8 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Don't even get why there is a debate about this. The atmosphere will improve when the team starts playing well, that's what Keith should be striving for to get the stadium full & FV should bring in more incentives for that to happen, not have a cop out. When we are playing well we will get a decent crowd in no matter what division we are in. 

Not too sure on that for next season.  Lets be optimistic and say we sell 10,000 S/Ts in Div 2.  We could win every game 5-0 and we'll still only have 10k S/Ts (at least till Xmas).  There wont be one game before April when we get more than maybe 13k home fans, and many will be well under 10k bums on seats (no shame in that).  Even for a top 6 team most crowds would be 11 or 12k.  We'd have to be doing well in championship not bottom 2 divisions before we start seeing 14k plus home attendances, it just doesnt happen unless its a Forest or Peterboro situation.  Look at PNE, Blackburn, Charlton, Barnsley, Rotherham, Pompey, Bradford, all have had relative success this or last season but the crowds are hardly effected, they are virtually decided in August.  

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Big E said:

Stop being a dick. 

It makes a different as people like the view. 

Again why should someone who has paid more for EVERY season ticket now have to fill in spaces. folk wouldn't like losing their seat in the lower tiers but are happy for folk upstairs to be moved.

A lottery for the tickets maybe with all tickets being the same price. pot luck where you sit. that would be fair. 

BigE, I didn't have you down as one of those who get upset about something on behalf of someone else. How am I being a dick because I'm trying to understand why someone in Upper Tiers wouldn't go if moved elsewhere. Fucking hell, we used to stand pissing with other folks' urine splashing up our jeans! Any seat at UoB is an advance on that.

11 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Maybe there's something in that. It's a line in the sand job. Like a pillock, I want to give the robbing bastards another £400 next season. They're the ones making this difficult.

Same seat for over 20 years, 80 mile round trip every game.

If they can treat me and others in a similar boat like that, then I'll pick and choose my games in future.

Which in reality will mean I'll miss more than I'll attend.

I imagine I won't be the only one, cunt that I am

I'm not for a minute belittling your stance. What I am doing is wondering if you were already on the cusp of taking or leaving the current style of football, as I assume loads are, and that this upheaval is just another nail added to the many we're already suffering. BigE doesn't get that and calls me a dick. You answer the question in the manner it was intended. 

9 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Ok, will you give up your seat and go and sit on the front row, in the corner, to accommodate people being shifted from the upper tier

That is exactly my argument. Someone asked a few days ago why those who sit in the Lower Tiers should be joining in with the debate. I pointed out that those shifted will doubtless want the highest seats available. Problem is, those are already taken by people with just as much right, if not more, to sit on their seat of choice which many have held for the same 20+ years as those being shifted out of Upper Tiers.
If the club turned around and directed all the Lower Tier ST holders to sit in the front dozen rows in order to allow the upper tier refugees to have the back dozen rows there'd rightly be a riot because that'd piss just about 100% of the attendees. 

9 hours ago, Big E said:

of course they won't. its a typical "i'm alright jack but you should move or you are cunt"

Not the case at all, as I've explained. This could affect every season ticket holder.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If the club turned around and directed all the Lower Tier ST holders to sit in the front dozen rows in order to allow the upper tier refugees to have the back dozen rows there'd rightly be a riot because that'd piss just about 100% of the attendees. 

Ah right, so you do get why the height of a seat makes a difference

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Ah right, so you do get why the height of a seat makes a difference

Similar to Ani, I have been a ST holder for 20+ years. I sat in the same seats over the tunnel between West and South Stand with lots of folk I got to know. Most have fallen by the wayside as our fortunes declined but me, MrsD and JnrD along with the six members of Rochdale Whites remained a constant in that corner. 
A couple of seasons ago we were shifted inwards towards the middle. I actually now sit opposite the 6 yard box. So I know what it's like to be told our bit of stand is unavailable and to pick new seats. That's fine if you're just two or three people but when your party also includes friends made over 20 years at the game it entails slightly more work to keep us together. Since our move, we've also adopted a group of yoof into our fold and who my lad now attends away games so suddenly our number of folk potentially needing relocation is getting bigger.
It's an absolute pisser to be shifted. As it happens, I do prefer the hieght of my row X seat but would go back to row P in the corner in an instant.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Similar to Ani, I have been a ST holder for 20+ years. I sat in the same seats over the tunnel between West and South Stand with lots of folk I got to know. Most have fallen by the wayside as our fortunes declined but me, MrsD and JnrD along with the six members of Rochdale Whites remained a constant in that corner. 
A couple of seasons ago we were shifted inwards towards the middle. I actually now sit opposite the 6 yard box. So I know what it's like to be told our bit of stand is unavailable and to pick new seats. That's fine if you're just two or three people but when your party also includes friends made over 20 years at the game it entails slightly more work to keep us together. Since our move, we've also adopted a group of yoof into our fold and who my lad now attends away games so suddenly our number of folk potentially needing relocation is getting bigger.
It's an absolute pisser to be shifted. As it happens, I do prefer the hieght of my row X seat but would go back to row P in the corner in an instant.

See, there’s some of us in the top tiers with similar stories, Micky.

Moved from the central area to accommodate LoV but forged friendships over 20 years.

I honestly think that the situation has more potential to piss people off as much as anything since the League Cup final tickets debacle.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

10k s/t is very optimistic for next season 

As the tables stand there’s only a few teams who could fetch 1500+

Yes, optimistic, it was just a random figure for discussion purposes.  Away followings could be 300 or 3,000 but it doesnt affect the debate about  top tiers.  Our crowds will be lower than we have got used to, but I cant see the point of moving folk out of top tiers unless the net save is substantial, and reducing support even further.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

BigE, I didn't have you down as one of those who get upset about something on behalf of someone else. How am I being a dick because I'm trying to understand why someone in Upper Tiers wouldn't go if moved elsewhere. Fucking hell, we used to stand pissing with other folks' urine splashing up our jeans! Any seat at UoB is an advance on that.

I'm not for a minute belittling your stance. What I am doing is wondering if you were already on the cusp of taking or leaving the current style of football, as I assume loads are, and that this upheaval is just another nail added to the many we're already suffering. BigE doesn't get that and calls me a dick. You answer the question in the manner it was intended. 

That is exactly my argument. Someone asked a few days ago why those who sit in the Lower Tiers should be joining in with the debate. I pointed out that those shifted will doubtless want the highest seats available. Problem is, those are already taken by people with just as much right, if not more, to sit on their seat of choice which many have held for the same 20+ years as those being shifted out of Upper Tiers.

Not the case at all, as I've explained. This could affect every season ticket holder.

You are being dick as I can pretty much predict the reply. 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Off like a rocket being at the top of the stairs. Reckon you must be one of the first out

Surprisingly, one of the last to leave. Junior likes to go down to the front, when the additional time board goes up, so she can see them coming off and clap them off.

On 03/02/2020 at 15:29, MickyD said:

A figure of speech. But I still don't get how the height of a seat makes any difference to whether you go or not.

Lets look at this. 

You are saying you don't understand despite folk providing there reasons. 

If they said it didn't make sense you would have posted the opposite.