Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Well, yeah. 

I don't know how much difference it would make in reality atmosphere wise long term, but the games when it has been implemented have been better in my opinion. Just looks a bit drab and small time having a couple hundred spread out across massive swathes of empty seats. 

Don't get me wrong though, I'm only arsed because of how it looks on TV and to opposition. So I suppose it's all superficial, if you're so arsed that you won't go if you can't sit up there then your thoughts on it have more weight than mine.

It looks more small time having the upper tiers closed IMO

58 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I dont get the price difference for lower & upper in all areas for new (ish) stadia, every seat has a good view and from my point of view all seats should be priced the same.

I get you get discounted tickets for families, U18 etc... that's fine.

Woah woah them gloves need ditching before the form goes in

18 hours ago, Steejay said:

Correct decision.

Now let's get some decent beer on offer.

And Carr's pasties on the upper tiers too.

Notwithstanding  Micky D's dilemma I too would greatly welcome Carrs Pasties in North Upper. If decision had been to shut one or two upper tiers and keep one open, and I'd been required to have moved. Happy with the outcome but would understand if FV reviewed it again in future. 

I saw the comments on FB too and was a bit affronted. Some big assumptions being made, in essence suggesting nobody up top has any passion or opens their lungs at any point in the game. I've sat up there for all bar four of the seasons since it opened and I'm as passionate as anybody

I did see somebody doing their knitting during the second half on Saturday though.....😄

• Site Supporter

Don't see why the efl case had to go ahead before they got their money back; it's not disputable that folk were out of pocket.

As for our lot; here's an idea- anyone that had an st or a match day ticket for the Brentford game, gets free admission to the Doncaster game this season.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Don't see why the efl case had to go ahead before they got their money back; it's not disputable that folk were out of pocket.

As for our lot; here's an idea- anyone that had an st or a match day ticket for the Brentford game, gets free admission to the Doncaster game this season.

I was hoping for compensation, not more punishment.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There going to need to do something like this because no fucker is going to want a buy a ticket for that game the way are playing. I've not handed by original ticket back & i'm reluctant to go

Edited by Okocha10

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Very good idea. 

• 1 month later...

Whenever football re-starts, its fair to assume a lot of clubs will be on their arses financially.  And normally as soon as summer starts they start to make money from season ticket sales.  If this season gets completed, it delays "2020-21" by another 3 or 4 months, and that could be the difference between surviving and going to the wall for some.  Football could be cutting its own throat if it delays S/T sales longer than it has to.  As a S/T holder I probably would have hardly put a penny into the club between August 2019 and let's say March 2021, how can clubs in the bottom 2 divisions survive on next to no income for nearly 2 years?

• Site Supporter

Gonna be tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if the club started selling ‘bonds’ or gift vouchers if you like. A £450  bond entitling you to £150 a year for 3 years discount off season tickets.

They are going to have to get creative for sure

Livingston have just started a scheme where you put in min 20 a month on standing order. In June 2021 that amount will be totaled and converted to shares in the club. You can also then hold the shares or redeem them against hospitality or stuff at a later date. Great idea and I’ve just set mine up today

we should be doing something similar 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Livingston have just started a scheme where you put in min 20 a month on standing order. In June 2021 that amount will be totaled and converted to shares in the club. You can also then hold the shares or redeem them against hospitality or stuff at a later date. Great idea and I’ve just set mine up today

we should be doing something similar 

That's fine providing it's a guaranteed return if goods-to-the-value. 

We've been burned before by worthless shares.

Great idea.  Its difficult to get the ball rolling before the current season ticket direct debits are completed (I paid mine up front but many will still be paying).  That gives a bit of breathing space to come up with a plan.

Of course many fans will rightly be more concerned about paying their mortgages and rent for the rest of this year than worrying about BWFC but many with no money worries will be more than happy to help. 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Gonna be tough. I wouldn’t be surprised if the club started selling ‘bonds’ or gift vouchers if you like. A £450  bond entitling you to £150 a year for 3 years discount off season tickets.

They are going to have to get creative for sure

Good shout, pal.

Email the club.

If this 'ere bug gets me, I'll leave the bond to my eldest - she'll hate me forever. 😁