Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

5 hours ago, marple whites said:

As I am sure they would shift quite a lot of merchandise with all this expectation and anyone going in for a season ticket would have a look around the shop and probably buy something.

I'm assuming the club are maximising the length of time the government is effectively paying the wages of the furloughed staff, which is till the end of October.  I'd be surprised if they open the shop before the first attended game, or early November, whichever comes first. 

Plus if they're really serious about going down the digital route for tickets not having the shop open will speed up the process and force us to get used to that method.  And they probably wont need as many staff longer term so no doubt some wont be asked back, for their sake hopefully some will have got other jobs.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm assuming the club are maximising the length of time the government is effectively paying the wages of the furloughed staff, which is till the end of October.  I'd be surprised if they open the shop before the first attended game, or early November, whichever comes first. 

Plus if they're really serious about going down the digital route for tickets not having the shop open will speed up the process and force us to get used to that method.  And they probably wont need as many staff longer term so no doubt some wont be asked back, for their sake hopefully some will have got other jobs.

Fair point

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I emailed at 10am Thursday and havent had a call back yet, although I dont know if they were working today.

Its slightly frustrating not knowing if they've definitely had the email, I'll give it till cop Monday before I go into a blind panic.

They've had a bit of a rush on - all season tix sold out now.

:D

51 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

My brother has renewed, after about three years in the wilderness.

My brother has just given up, which really disappoints me 😤

strange thing is the last time we were in div4 he was well up for it and we had some ace away days! I think the COVID shit has had a part to play in it as he hates going out now and can’t look forward to a good pre match pint & a natter!

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

strange thing is the last time we were in div4 he was well up for it and we had some ace away days! I think the COVID shit has had a part to play in it as he hates going out now and can’t look forward to a good pre match pint & a natter!

Thing is, lots has happened since last time we were in the forth tier was 33 years ago. Most folk will have completely different lives and lifestyles. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

tell him to stop being a mard arse

2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Has he been working from home,  furloughed or shielding or some such? It seems to be a vicious circle since March, if people start to stay at home they seem to be really scared to go out again.